My 99 Kona Muni-Mula

All finished.. (Forks now on the right way as well!)

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

Will get some decent pics next weekend - going back to Devon to ride a few of my old favourites!

PhilStone":5hja130j said:
No, think its a 17 - centre to centre is 15 though....
:twisted:
It is an 18 actually.

I would recommend experimenting with a shorter stem to see if you prefer sharper handling, as you've got quite a long fork on there.

90mm Easton already on order...

Was tempted by shorted but it feels fine - the A2C is the same as the Marzocchi which was on there..

Yes, 90mm should be about right. It looks as though you have the original stem ATM, but the fork that was on there was 2cm longer than the original fork. I find that a 2cm shorter stem compensates for a 2cm longer fork - and that seems to be the way that Kona have developed their design over the years as forks have got longer. But original stem with 2cm longer fork has to make the steering less lively than it was originally. The fact that the Pace is an excellent fork, and far better than a Z4, is part of the reason why the handling already feels fine of course.

Yeah it is the original stem. Haven't had chance to ride it properly with the new forks yet but will be in Devon at the weekend visiting some old haunts around Buckfast, having the Easton delivered to devon so should have it on for the weekend. Will report back and get some updated pics.

Fitted the 90mm 10 deg stem yesterday, went out for a ride and think I need a higher rise, reach felt good but felt like a little too much over the h/bars.. What would the original stem have been rise wise? 15 deg?

Looks very nice, especially with the Pace fork. If you're still looking to shave some weight those pedals are pretty hefty. Nice Porker in the background in the last pics too :cool:

Yeah, got my eye on some XTR trail spd's once funds allow...

Porker's my bro's - C4S - its ok but tbh I prefer my M Coupe! (Porker is too easy to drive!)

Back