Klein Attitude Dolomite - small update

chiswickcollectables

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Thanks to James aka 'thesneaker' I bagged this today :cool:

My dream retro-bike that unfortunately can never be riden by me as it's about 25 sizes too small for my 6ft 3ins body, but bought on the premise that my wife can tootle about around Richmond Park on it while I gaze in awe.

I know there's loads of Attitudes on RB but bear with me as this is a very special day :D

I just hope this isn't the start of financial ruin :roll:

More to follow soon............

DSC08203.jpg

very nice......it was the start of your ruin the very day you signed up here my good man!.....it may be small but give it a go, i manage to get round the block on my 10 year old sons bike last week..... :roll:

feetabix":bw439ea8 said:
:LOL: :LOL: .....is that really you?..... ;)

Yeh, you like my stars n' stripe top hat :LOL:

Sorry but must leave you teased as haven't taken any other pictures yet. It's been really well looked after but just need to make a few personal amendments (on behalf of my wife of course) before I be gettin' snap happy.

The wife's new bike (tongue in cheek purchase Klein kontent)

Ok, so we finally had some time off to take Amy's new bike out for a rip. T'was a lovely after-lunch in Richmond Park; not too busy so there was much ambling and pratting around!

She commented that the handling was sublime and felt much more in touch with the ground than her regular modern bike. Not sure if that was just due to lack of front suss but needless to say, she fell in love with it!

"Can I take it over the South Downs" she said...

"No", I said!

I know they're not to everyone's taste but boy did it fill us with glee. You can tell it was crafted rather than just 'built' and even after 20 years it still turned heads.

It's cruising on a clean pair of Ritchey Vantage Comps (with excellent DX hubs which IMO are as good as XT) which, although are not top-spec definitely do the bike justice. The Flite saddle has been replaced with a nice Gelflex. There are no plans to make any other changes.

Some pictures...

DSC_5289.jpg

DSC_5290.jpg

DSC_5292.jpg

DSC_5388.jpg

(the proud new possessor)

DSC_5406.jpg

DSC_5387.jpg

DSC_5323.jpg

DSC_5316.jpg

(longing for retro.. my '91 SM800 will soon be complete!)

DSC_5381.jpg

Thanks for looking :cool:

I randomly entered a local time trial on mine a couple of years ago.....just a pair of slicks over it's usual set up......it got loads of attention, even from the waxy leg brigade!.....

Back