peugeot ph 12

bowser

Senior Retro Guru
recently purchased locally advert read "bicycle"
peugeot ph 12 60cm 1983 still has sticker on b/b shell with frame no etc
almost original condition. 103 profil aero tubing. atax aero bars and stem. clb aero alloy brakeset. stronglight chainset. simplex braze on ft mech. suntour aero downtube twin changers. rear mech is shimano sora
needs to be simplex . original saddle and fluted seat post thankfully
not seized! crap pedals but have some 1st generation white look clipless
if i cant find originals. wheels are maillard small flange q/r with un named alloy rims should be mavic but not convinced. ft tyre is original michelin bibsport both tyres are perishing and will need replacing any suggestions
on white wall 700s ? even has original aero bottle and cage. bar tape looks worse than it is but will replace with silver bennotto if poss
few rust spots about but should polish out hopefully just polished chrome forks and they came up fine. good summer project
bowser

honest old PH 12.

Go veloflex tyres .... vittoria open corsa.....challenge open criterium....

Benotto tape is still around...

Attachments

• 1983fr_06.jpg
    1983fr_06.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 2,849
I think your chain set has been changed. It should be a Nervar or else an older Stronglight but with a one piece cast spider. The pedals were Ofmega Sintessi aero platforms originally I think. Real nice Centenary edition none the less.

Maillard Pedals - Solida Chainset

Attachments

• 1983fr_22.jpg
    1983fr_22.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 2,805
  • 1983fr_23.jpg
    1983fr_23.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 2,806
  • Page 02.jpg
    Page 02.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,805
hi and thanks for the input chaps. i think you may be correct about the
chainset nedlands as toomskis catalouge scan confirms a solida.
i must admit i dont recognise the model of stronglight chainset
it has steel rings so not high end kit but looks period so may stick with it
for time being at least. the maillard cx platforms come up on fleabay now and again usually knackered and invariably without clips
which i would imagine are hard to source probably campag may fit but are usually expensive and too high end
may fit the looks for now (1st generation) till some decent maillards come up

Looking at the brochure pics and specs the chain set is the same as the one on the PSV10 = Stronglight 103. At first I thought Maillard for pedals but I remember them having black plastic Ofmega pedals back in the day, something corroborated by other pics. I guess Peugeot used what they had to hand at the time. The early look pedals will work just fine.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
toomski":3pjzftfn said:
The first ones or the last ones were the right level for the bike. The Spidel ones are the high end Maillard pedal with the replaceable rear plate - they were from the top range Peugeots back in the day.

Here's a lnk ot the Ofmega pedal - similar design but different execution
http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... c0f922fab3

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back