Help me identify this frame

sentinal

Retro Newbie
Hi guys, new to forum, so bear with me, hope this is the right place

Can someone help me identify this frame, its been in the family 20+ years, was bought 2nd hand and was resprayed. Its has suntour components but i cant vouch if these are original to the bike, same with the decals

Will post pics of the forks if needed

It has a serial number of 841017 on the bottom bracket

I am toying with the idea of restoring it, if worthwhile

Cheers

and the pics........!!

100_1082.jpg

100_1092.jpg

100_1094.jpg

100_1097.jpg

100_1096.jpg

not really sure whats left to identify?? Its a favori made by ellis briggs in yorkshire. They might tell you the year from the frame number and perhaps they could supply transfers??
Decent frames in their day and worth restoring if you want an eighties-style bike. The 531 respray sticker would suggest its not the original paint job.

Could be wrong but I think Favori was E-B's cheaper off-the-peg brand rather than its usual made-to-order offerings.

David

I cant say that the decals are correct, so I cant be too sure its a Favori, it has been resprayed and have a feeling the decals are incorrect, can always ask ellis biggs though

David B":19esbuwd said:
Could be wrong but I think Favori was E-B's cheaper off-the-peg brand rather than its usual made-to-order offerings.

David
Not necessarily, I know of several custom built Favoris - including mine! It was just an alternative branding like Bob Jackson, JRJ and Merlin.

Phone Ellis-Briggs in Shipley (they have a website) with the frame number and if it is one of theirs they will tell you in a couple of minutes. However, as EB also did lots of resprays and spraying for other builders BITD then it might not be - but they'll tell you.

I am 99% sure its not a Favori, they were just random decals which were lying around after a respray

I have just seen a mercian on another forum which looks very very much like this frame

any opinons??

Back