trails in warwickshire?

Spibblo

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I'm getting back into mountain biking after a 7 year break due to a back injury.
Prior to this I lived in brum and my closest quality destinations were Cannock chase and Clent hills.

While I love the mighty Chase it is now quite far away as I now reside in Southam near Leamington.

So where do all you guys from warwickshire go to get your off road kicks?

thanking you all kindly for reading this...

There is a 16mile loop starting and ending at Ryton pools (assuming the trails round the pools are not enough of a challenge?) you can get a map of the ride from the county council for 50p, the daughter has done it with her boyfriend (Scott Voltage and a Carrera Banshee) and quite liked it.

Simon

thanks for your reply simon, I'll check Ryton pools out. Went there years ago for a family walk, quite nice as I recall :)

You could do the Draycote water loop (Rugby way) and swing round all the way to Hunningham and have a pint at the Red Lion. Thats a 35 miler all round back to Leam depending on what you do...

You could also do the Burton Dassett / Edgehill ride, (through Chesterton Windmill and the villages and fields to get there) and then on the return hit the Ufton trail on the way back to Leam.

Its all easy going round here as you know already but we make do with what we have...

Still its something to consider...

Spibblo":1nzhyz4u said:
So where do all you guys from warwickshire go to get your off road kicks?

Cannock.

There are some alright bits and pieces about but not enough in my opinion to string together a decent loop. I'd recommend a crosser to make the best of the local stuff.

thanks for your replies guys.

Send me a pm if your thinking of going on a local ride, I don't know all the off road routes round here as I'm originally from Brum, where years ago I went to cannock chase every weekend.

I'm just getting back into cycling, so far only on road. If a fellow retrobiker with local trail experience is willing to lead a few rides I'd be up for that big time.

Latest posts

Back