Work bikes

Sorry it's not retro but I still like it.
Hey - it's got some canti's on it - aren't crap brakes retro enough??
And the eagle eyed viewers will spot the Dura Ace cranks - bargain £50 off eBay brand new just cos they fit my stumpy legs (165mm)

Seen here in more of a "tootle along the English lanes on a summers day" spec. :-D

c0cf6613.jpg

1995 Kona Lava Dome. A mild sprinkle of new bits, but 85% OE from new!!

Currently in a much better condition now I have spent ages going over everything that moves (and doesnt!).

Updated with better picture, now its finished:

5572776444_287b97b489.jpg

5572775874_0ca4b385d0.jpg

Here is my commuter (when I get a chance to ride it)

Attachments

• IMG_2880sm.jpg
    IMG_2880sm.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 4,512
  • Photo_FBFD71F1-7639-FCCC-2728-4F480A7D2DF3 (2).jpg
    Photo_FBFD71F1-7639-FCCC-2728-4F480A7D2DF3 (2).jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 3,546
Been riding my 98 LOBO for the last week or so since building it up, I know it wont last as this just not right for commuting but at the moment I just can't walk past it with another bike in my hand. This one demands to be ridden (and half of my commute can be off-road).

Attachments

• 2011-04-26 11.42.44.jpg
    2011-04-26 11.42.44.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 7,430
my c butler vantage
club roost stem
spez bars and grips
michelin tyres
atlas mec etc
x-lite barends
changeing seat,its like a razor :LOL:
platform peds
parts box hack
nothing flash just a work hack for parking up in madchester
needs 1x brake boss for back brake.
100_5470.jpg

As expected the honeymoon is over. Riding the LOBO day in and day out was fun while it lasted but waking up early so taking the off road detour to work wasn't. While I was getting some fun trail riding in every day the 30 min sleep loss was getting annoying. So rather than resenting the bike of my dreams for making me grumpy I've switched back to the real commuter my 2011 Cannondale CAAD10.

Build
Sram Rival shifters & derailleurs, Sram Red cassette, Cannondale Hollowgram crank with FSA TT chainrings, American Classic 420 track wheelset (re-laced rear wheel to a nondescript 10 speed hub), Tektro r545 brakes (campy skeleton copy but these come in white), Thompson Elite seatpost, Bontrager XXX full carbon stem, an ITM carbon wing bar and the remarkably comfortable Tioga spider saddle.

This is one of those bikes that I like a lot but really cant get myself to care about. It's fast, responsive, stiff as all hell and completely lockable for me. There's no wonderful story about what hoops I had to jump through to get it nor a decade long hunt for just the right one. I didn't mow 1000 lawns or save my lunch money for weeks or even dip into my 401k, I merely got direct from Cannondale via their E.P. program then built it with what I thought it needed. Nothing super special aside from the cranks but whats important is it all works. Rain shine wind or heat this bike is ready for the road every morning and that's that. That said, I'm gonna go take the Lobo out for a spin cause THAT'S a storied bicycle.

Attachments

• CAAD10.jpg
    CAAD10.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 7,109
My daily commute - 1996 Gary Fisher Montare

Not quite original, as I've filtered down kit from other bikes onto it to keep it going.

Back