My 979

milko

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Here is how I picked her up. Bad points: drop out on the fork is damaged but should have a new set winging their way here soon plus the contact points need a spruce. Other than that it is great. The question is go all white inc brake hoods or red saddle and tape?

DSC01533.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

And now, new forks, headset, saddle and tape:

DSC01602.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01600.jpg

DSC01601.jpg

the wheels were a nice surprise as I knew it was mainly 600 but the dura ace hubs were a treat!

Always like the look of a 979, but too many locally fell apart, but seems some have lasted the test of time.

Leave out the white hoods is my opinion, white tape and white saddle like a rolls or a turbo would look good. however white saddles look a bit gash after a while, so a black rolls or Turbo :LOL:

I love rolls and am yet to try a turbo but I am a bit skint so might go for charge bucket (white) in the mean time. Have not thought about tyres yet, any suggestions?

saddle

milko":1xb0kdnw said:
I love rolls and am yet to try a turbo but I am a bit skint so might go for charge bucket (white) in the mean time. Have not thought about tyres yet, any suggestions?

I've got a white Vuelta saddle and NOS white bar tape and white end plugs I can swap for the saddle in the pic?

I kinda like the black and white Schwalbe Lugano tyres, I have them fitted to my Olagnero, easy to remove for flats etc and only a tenner at the mo! http://www.wiggle.co.uk/schwalbe-lugano-road-tyre/

very interesting, must warn you the saddle on there at the mo looks like someone has taken a sander to it in places I will post a close up pic for you.

Ok going for the all white option however the black stem is going to stick out like a sore thumb so do I a. go for the cheapo option and strip and polish the one I have or wait till pay day and splash out on a shiny new one?

Back