Kona Cinder Cone from 90; my personal dream

Haha very small world!

Popped into to grab a few bolts to finish off my 97 Kona Koa as it goes (just osted 2 pics in the kona thread.. retro frame, modern parts lol)

So, the end is near ...

Today I've assembled the seatpost (the 26.6 XT-post didn't fit, so I had to go to the next store and bought a no name alternative) and the TURBO.

I hope, some of you like the bike, though it isn't build up time-correct.

Thank's for your comments, best wishes from austria Christoph :D

Attachments

• Kona_Cindercone_43.jpg
    Kona_Cindercone_43.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,164
  • Kona_Cindercone_42.jpg
    Kona_Cindercone_42.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,164
  • Kona_Cindercone_40.jpg
    Kona_Cindercone_40.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,164
The finished product is very :cool: "tasteful" :cool: my friend..and i hope your grandmother is happy with her new owners :LOL:

All the best from your mate on the wet island :LOL:

Ernie ;)

Hi Ernie!

You and some other guys accomponied my project from the beginning to the end and supported me a lot. I'd like to make a compliment to all of them: "You british bastards are great...." and I came to the conclusion, that we (austrian and german) retro-freaks can take a leaf out of your book.

The next project is already waiting (maybe this is the reason I'm divorced ;) ).

And at last a special to my friend ernie: my grandmother feels great, just look at the photo, she sent me last weekend ...

Attachments

• alte-Frau-mit-Zigarre.jpg
    alte-Frau-mit-Zigarre.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,155
Christoph, didn't know you are half-cubano :LOL:

Glad you make your personal dream come true- nice bike and take it easy on the trails ;)

Hi Christoph

That looks great bud :cool:
Just wanted to say thank you for the help with the bb, got it sorted now. Just finished the bike and wife loves it :cool:

Cheers

Matt

Hi Christoph,

Finished article looks good :D , and I feel I can now finally "out myself" as the one who outbid you on the 1st Cinder Cone frame back at the start of March. :oops: ;)
Glad you finally got one, and built it up.

Cheers...Nick

Thank's for your compliments...

Ad magas: My Grandfather was a mariner and very potent :shock:

And Nick, it doesn't matter, that's life .... (but for this action you should rot in the hell ;) ;) )

Comeing back soon with my next project. Cheers, Christoph :)

stoppi_71":294w9uny said:
Hi Ernie!

You and some other guys accomponied my project from the beginning to the end and supported me a lot. I'd like to make a compliment to all of them: "You british bastards are great...." and I came to the conclusion, that we (austrian and german) retro-freaks can take a leaf out of your book.

The next project is already waiting (maybe this is the reason I'm divorced ;) ).

And at last a special to my friend ernie: my grandmother feels great, just look at the photo, she sent me last weekend ...

I can see that your grandmother was very special to you.. i feel that the kona project was a very fair swap..{only just } :LOL: :LOL:

Her teeth remind me of witch doctors necklace :LOL: :LOL:

Take care my friend..from your mate on "monkey island" :LOL:

i look forward to your next project..who will be the next relative to go

Ernie :LOL:

Back