Bontrager Race project *Finished*

StevePSD":24f6kpfv said:
hollister":24f6kpfv said:
interesting biuld.

nice color.
i can hear it crying for a bontrager crown RS fork ;)

Yes.. I'd settle for the Bontrager tripple crown rigid fork, but I suspect anyone who has a pair lurking in their stash will be holding onto them.

The colour is 'Audi Negaro blue' which is a peralesent colour.
no, i meant a bontrager crowned judy.

and your right. im not letting any of my rigid forks go :p and im always lookin for more(regardless what flavor.race,comp, they all good) :oops:

edit: is the reverse cable routing cause of the moto style brake lever set up?

edit2: what size seatpost?

Yes.. I'd have any of the Bonti specific forks but would love to keep it rigid really.
The brake levers are in UK config, i'm not gonna relearn how to brake for the sake of authenticity LOL..
The post diameter is 26.8mm if I recollect correctly.

I finally finished the bulild off yesterday. There are still a few things I'm planning to change, but for the time being I just want to ride the the thing.

bontrager.JPG

bontrager1.JPG

That looks superb Steve and the cream Flite is nice, unusual touch - I take it you will leave the little red tag on there?

Cheers.. The flite is a NOS item I came across and i've not had the heart to cut the tag off yet.
I really wanted to take it out over the downs this morning, but it was tipping it down and i'd left my shoes and helmat at work. I'll hopfully be able to skive a couple of hours in the week to take it out andget it muddy.

quote="Stick Legs"]Nice build Steve.

I wasn't too sure about the Nogaro Blue until I saw it combined with the wrap around decals! :cool:[/quote]

Yes, I was not convinced myself until I started playing with decal colours in paintshop. The white wraps break the blue up nicely and the rasta kooka crank I had on it was a bit out of place and busy.
I recon your crystal ball will be correct Stu.. ;)

Back