And today I did......

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I saw a nice trike on the portree road during the sky meet when i went off myself
Not a good pic unfortunately :(

Attachments

• Skye meet 30april-1 may 2011 011 (Large).jpg
    Skye meet 30april-1 may 2011 011 (Large).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 252
wow, bargain rumble, looks very nice too, if it needs it there is a very good article about cleaning up chrome in the bmx section.

the shimano road food chain is...
Dyna Tech
Ultegra SL - a recent thing where most the components were ultegra painted differently.
Ultegra
Tiagra
Sora

So think of 105 as Deore LX - very decent kit with the same design as the higher end stuff but bit little heavier.

Only warning I have is that the modern 105 5600 levers had issues in the early days (the front brifter that could be used on doubles or triples, it frequently broke, look for double or triple only) but this might not affect you.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The Ken":1vxpwp8k said:
wow, bargain rumble, looks very nice too, if it needs it there is a very good article about cleaning up chrome in the bmx section.

the shimano road food chain is...
Dyna Tech
Ultegra SL - a recent thing where most the components were ultegra painted differently.
Ultegra
Tiagra
Sora

So think of 105 as Deore LX - very decent kit with the same design as the higher end stuff but bit little heavier.

Only warning I have is that the modern 105 5600 levers had issues in the early days (the front brifter that could be used on doubles or triples, it frequently broke, look for double or triple only) but this might not affect you.

Cheers, I'll wait and see how I feel about it when it gets here but I might even go SS/fixie, if I can get over the hipster trendy element. The brakes & levers arrived today, not STI as I'd thought but still in very good nick for £9.

Looking forward to getting the chrome shining again too!

Corking frame Rumble! I'd consider campg, for the svelte looks compared to shimano and keeps the euro feel. Fixed wheel is cool but I'd go full geared first.

Rode to work. First time in a year and a half. A gentle 5 miles in the sun. Much better than sitting like a zombie on the tube plus saves me £106 a month to spend on parts :D

Now were are those rims & forks i'm after :LOL:

Back