Simod made me do it.........Mantis content

Extreme Green

This is my latest project waiting for more bits to come up. It is stove enamelled not powder coated Extremely bright Fluoro green, the paint has some special dayglo content to really make it stand out. Black and Yellow seem to work the best on it. We seem to have gone away from the bright colours a lot of retro bikes were liveried in, but this is "sunglasses on a dull day" bright especially with the new Judy SL Ti's 'n matching Judy Yellow Art stem. whadya think ladies?
Frog005.jpg

Frog003.jpg

Frog002.jpg

Loving that colour B3 :cool:

Looking forward to seeing the finished article..

that green is lovely!!! :D i've got a green fetish myself :shock: green painted clockwork and a green/white lime crosswork, my next bike is gonna be a new st4 in green!

green is such an underused colour, most modern bikes are to black/matt black/john major suit grey/silver/dull/grey/boring/etc :?

i'm glad white is back this year for the manufacturers but i hate the fact that it is because of fashion, ipods etc, thats what brought it back, futuristic etc, i'm anti-fashion . . . and ginger . . . clashes with the green!

my wife's ginger and she's very fashionable/stylish and she says green goes with ginger, it's her favourite colour. So, go for it!

i was taking the piss out of meself! am a ginger though, and have green bikes! i've done the right thing and got a headshave though!! :LOL: ;)

Frame

No one seems to know, it as Ritchey Cowled drop outs, Reynolds 653/631/525 tube mix, reinforced head tube, Tear drop down tube and a lot of forming in the rear triangle. Bob Jackson did the Stoving and they reckond it was a very high quality hand built. The steel does not rust, I bare metal stripped it and blasted it and it stayed bright in my shed for months, unlike Tange/Columbus etc which rusts like hell. It's also very light at four pounds .Reminds me of the old Vitus and motobecane road frames with the narrow formed down tube.

Re: Extreme Green

Wold Ranger":2btgiw5r said:
We seem to have gone away from the bright colours a lot of retro bikes were liveried in,

You're right, there were a lot of very bright coloured bikes around, for me Clockworks look best in the bright orange/white colours

This is what i was thinking of when i had it sprayed, although this looks like a metallic finish.

Attachments

• mantis1a.jpg
    mantis1a.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,264
Back