My DeKerf has been reborn (updated, again 10-10-12) pics pg3

RockiMtn":25urk5ja said:
And perhaps adding back the white turbo saddle would help.

Funny you should say that. Sunday morning I swiped the Flite to put on the Xizang so I could take it for a spin, and the DK is on the wall rack in the kitchen with the white Turbo on it.

FMJ":23w5m34c said:
The bar/stems were offered in 130mm or 150mm x 590mm. Mine is 130mm.

I thought it looked shorter than 130mm hence the question, but that could be because I've mostly seen 150mm quill versions of the bar/stem.

What did you end up doing with the IRD fork?

File this one under cocktail party minutiae....

The "k" is Dekerf is not capitalized. (It's a common mistake many people have made, based on the sticker design, but that was just a stylistic choice for the graphic...).

:)

ededwards":3s7lszfw said:
FMJ":3s7lszfw said:
Chris didn't start capping the stays till 97-98ish? (don't quote me on this). I prefer them uncapped myself. Shows off the pierced stay better IMHO.

I agree they look cool, much better than the plastic caps on my much later and much less cool DeKerf. However I can't escape visions of the seatstays filling with water during a rainy ride! I guess framesaver or similar addresses any corrosion issues.
The stays are open at the bottom too.
A squirt of framesaver/waxoil or whatever, and the wet just hurries on through.

Made a few changes since the Made in Canada BoTM. White Turbo is back. Syncros Near Net Forged cranks, Syncros Hardcore Ti BB, and Syncros skewers. I think this is it for the forseeable future........ah, who am I kidding.

95a85e4b.jpg

e1924ffb.jpg

a62e9dac.jpg

I wasn't aware of the background to this build - you've done a great thing.

When I put those Syncros cranks up for sale, I was secretly hoping they'd go from my Dekerf Generation - #587 - to another one. I couldn't have asked for a luckier landing for them.

Back