For Sale: 1990 Alpine Stars Al-Mega XT 17.5"

beemer

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

I’m selling my beloved old skool mountain bike on ebay, details and link below. I could take it off ebay if I get a decent offer of let's say £70.

ebay item number = 220781123495

This bike has been well used and well loved by me for the past 20 years and has still got some life left in it or it could be used for spares. This XT model was the top of the AlpineStars range of bicycles in it’s day, costing around £1,000 (around £1,600+ in today’s money!) and the bike is packed full of quality and top of the range components.
More recently, the original fixed aluminium dropout holding the original rear derailleur failed and as a result, the rear derailleur has been swapped by a bike engineer for a cheap derailleur with the hanger plate attached and new rear wheel to get back on the road. The bike is usable and the repair is holding up. Details of all parts below and plenty of photos. The bike is in the original black with decals and has numerous stone chips to the paint work from a couple of decades of riding!

If you want to know more or would like to arrange a viewing, please get in touch.
Buyer to collect or arrange own courier. Happy to take cash on collection, otherwise PayPal payment.

SPECIFICATION:

Bike: Aluminium AlpineStars 17.5 inch Al-Mega XT mountain bike 1990 model in black with original decals, including:

Frame: Aluminium 17.5 inch

Fork: Original AlpineStars Cro-Moly forks

Headset: 28.6mm (1 ⅛”) YST Evolution

Stem: Alloy stem

Handlebars: Answer TaperLite, Easton E9 Aluminium

Brakes: Shimano Deore XT Cantilever Brakes, Aztec Brake Pads

Brake Levers: Shimano Deore XT Two-Finger Brake Levers

Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT Triple Front Derailleur

Rear Derailleur: Falcon Index System (FIS) Rear Derailleur

Shift Levers: Shimano Deore XT 7 Speed Thumb Shifters

Cassette: 7 speed

Crankset: Shimano Deore XT

Chainrings: Shimano SG C-46 46 tooth chainring, Tioga 36 tooth chainring, Shimano SG C-24 24 tooth chainring

Bottom Bracket: Sealed

Pedals: Shimano Deore XT, Tioga Toe Clips

Front Rim: Wolber AT18 26” 32 Hole Rim

Front Hub: Shimano Deore XT 32 Hole Hub with Quick Release

Rear Rim: Alesa Challenger Alloy 36 Hole Rim

Rear Hub: Joytech 96F 36 Hole

Tyres: Nokia City Slicker

Saddle: Selle San Marco Rolls Saddle (has some major wear - see photos)

Seat Post: Alloy

Seat Binder: Quick Release

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 2,816
Lovely bike,

As per the forum rules here..............

Pop a firm price for it or your advert will get pulled by the mods here ;)

G

lots of interest

It seems my bike is still getting lots of interest, must be those 90's decals? ;) Anyway, I've got some bids on ebay so I'm going to let the auction run it's course on there. Please feel free to join the bidding, thanks for your interest and good luck.

Wow

If a retrobiker wins this can they please PM me. I have (i think) one of these frames hanging in the back of the shed and need to somehow copy the decals. Mine had all decals stripped when i happened across it some time ago.

Come on RB'rs lets pull together and get another Alpinestar's back on the road.

Cheers

Pick up and post on offered on this by me too, as its not to far away.

I can then take lots of pics of the declas and get gil_m later in the year to sort it out for me.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back