Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
so a little chip has appeared on my stanchion
it pulls a little bit of fluid with it
not sure how long its been there
any fixes?

i was thinking maybe i could fill it in with some superglue (carefully)
its nto massive but big enough :?

I'd second the nail polish comment. Give it a good clean then apply with something like a very fine art brush or a cocktail stick.

EarlofBarnet":wczqxaum said:
I'd second the nail polish comment. Give it a good clean then apply with something like a very fine art brush or a cocktail stick.

Ah yes .... you are quite correct ....good clean preparation needed first :oops:

will try that!

Edit: done that but cant get it to just fill the hole and not overspill
will that matter?
i thought it would be better to be sticking out a bit as the seal will take shape to that rather than an indent which the seal wont shape to as well?

cyfa2809":1j88f4s9 said:
will try that!

Edit: done that but cant get it to just fill the hole and not overspill
will that matter?
i thought it would be better to be sticking out a bit as the seal will take shape to that rather than an indent which the seal wont shape to as well?

Sand it back flush with the stanchion with some fine wet or dry.

err really?! :shock:

what grit would you recommend?
you sure i can/should do that!? :shock:

cyfa2809":3oa81f4o said:
err really?! :shock:

what grit would you recommend?
you sure i can/should do that!? :shock:

Yes, perfectly sure - 1200 will do, just wrap a little round something flat (like an ice lolly stick :cool:) and sand the filled area down flush with the stanchion. The aim is just to get it flush, not file the stanchion, although they're hard anodised anyway so you won't easily damage it as long as you're reasonably careful.
You can use a flat needle file to remove most of the "filler" and just finish off with the wet or dry.

Back