MAN Utd

KeepItSteel":1ax2dsd1 said:

That's a nice shirt! Did you catch the interview with Eric about the re-formation of the Cosmos on football focus a while back? Cracking piece of tv.
I love being a southern United fan. Its brilliant when you get the standard 'so when did you last see them play at Old Trafford' question in the pub, and can say 'last week' :cool:
I'm lucky enough to get regular use of a couple of season tickets. Hell of a drive, but you can't pick and choose who you support

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Make the most of it. When Fergie calls it a day, the fallout will be so deep and widespread that you'll win nowt for another 20 years.
The championship beckons... :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
suburbanreuben":v650xnoy said:
Make the most of it. When Fergie calls it a day, the fallout will be so deep and widespread that you'll win nowt for another 20 years.
The championship beckons... :D

Thats hilarious. Probably an element of truth too.
TBH, Ive had so much joy watching them win so many trophies that I reckon ive had more than a fair share of a lifetimes worth. So que sera.

1999, Camp Nou, I was there. And we all sang for Eric. Magic. :cool:

I hope today's game is played with respect for the officials, I am getting tired of players antics. Time to take the approach seen in rugby.

It would be interesting to see how a 5/10 minute ban could work to prevent the en masse challenges of the officials we see most games now.

All the 'heat of the moment', 'the players are just so passionate' excuses would ring hollow once it was seen players can control their behaviour.

Ten minutes of playing with only four or five players would soon underline the message.

Whatever team you support, or not, hope this season was enjoyable and you can take the chance to get out cycling more during the off season.

Me, I reckon United will thrash Chelsea today, and they really need to because they have an uphill struggle to take on Barca on current form, they need as much confidence as possible going into that!

In fact, Barca are so good I may well make them my team if they win, I live a bit too close to Manc.

;)

Well it was closer than I expected in terms of goals.

I think Alex will retire at the end of next season, what else does he have left to prove?

Happy days.

On a darker note Rooney deserves to be banned for a few games for signing the fans, and should get a proper fine from his wages by the club.

Clubs really need to get on top of that kind of behaviour, and come down heavily, or the FA should dock points for that kind of provocation.

Fergie wont retire, did you see his reaction and energy at the final whistle?

If he wins the final against Barca, maybe, just maybe he'll consider it. But I think the lure of overtaking Liverpools euro record maybe be too strong for the next 4 or 5 years.

Great result today, and United played really well throughout the team. Good sign!

I think Giggs will be off by the end of next season, and I don't think Alex wants to keep chasing, he has other interests, he also has seen first hand how that intensity can literally kill a manager stone dead at the pitch side.

Watching the highlights now, listened on the radio earlier.

7 or 8 Scots managers in the Premier League next season.

Amazing.

highlandsflyer":2dhlikor said:
On a darker note Rooney deserves to be banned for a few games for signing the fans, and should get a proper fine from his wages by the club.

Clubs really need to get on top of that kind of behaviour, and come down heavily, or the FA should dock points for that kind of provocation.

Not being one to point fingers but it's not just Rooney that does it. If you want another example from yesterday's game you should have seen what Ashley Cole was getting up to in his 'interactions' with the United fans. I mean, all they did was ask where his Mrs had gone, they didn't even wish she died of cancer.... Unlike some classy fans from other teams (btw NOT City) I have heard before to Rooney, Beckham etc.

Rooney is not my favourite United player after the shenanigans earlier on in the season but I do feel he is being unfairly singled out. Maybe people's attentions should be drawn towards filth like Jack Wilshire who nearly cut Jermaine Pennant in two yesterday. Not so clever given the history in that fixture. If Scholes gets that attention, then the "new Scholes" should as well.

The title is not won yet; one point needed from two games but it would be satisfying to win it despite the efforts of the FA and London media to scupper everything. And despite the potential result I'm looking forward to Wembley (that's the CL final ;) ) and might even have a ticket yet so all is well with the world.

I have to say he is not being unfairly singled out.

He either did what he did or he did not.

That is the whole problem with football now, everyone is at the 'well they do it' game, it has to end somewhere.

For all I admire Ferguson, he should be setting an example to his players by keeping his complaints about the referees on a professional level.

The punishment for dissent or provoking fans really needs to be more effective, such as docked points.

A system where disciplinary records attracted say an extra three points a season might have an effect.

Back