Fork query...

Can anyone who's done this before tell me how to fix this? Was supposed to be going out on a ride this afternoon.. :(

Cheers!

Eeek!

Hells bells Phil who on earth 'serviced' these? The carbons are fitted to the crown/stanchion assembly the wrong way round!!! DO NOT RIDE THEM.
Remove the fork from the bike, undo the two bolts under the dropouts until they spin freely in their threads and then tap the allen key end to break the taper grip. Remove the bolts and slide the carbons off the stanchions, do this horizontally and you wont spill too much of the oil. Refit the carbons[dont trap the seals] with the bridge to the back and the steerer offset also to the back. Refit the bolts and tighten to 5Nm.

Or send them to me for a proper service ;)

Tim, thanks for the reply!

Will give it a go shortly, I presume that I well need to de-pressurize them before dismantling them?

Thanks again!

The air is contained in the stanchion and does not necessarily need to be let out but you will find it easier to refit the carbons if both the damper and air push rods are fully retracted into the fork-it gives the ability to angle the stanchion ends a bit so as not to trap the seal lips.

Sorry to be aloof - but if you are having to ask whether they are assembled wrong, then you should not even consider servicing/rebuilding them yourself.

Send them to Tim. Please.

Please.

Back