Disc brake problem , help please..

Retromtber

Old School Hero
Hello , wondered if someone can help me out and point me in the right direction and advise on what I need to get these going.. forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong section.. I've posted this in the retrochat bit, but think it should maybe be in here .. ?

I have just been given some formula evoloutizine hydro brakes,, they are a few years old , was told 2000, but my mate reckons they are really good xc stoppers, and hey! they are free ..

The problem is one of the hose fittings that connect into the lever has to be replaced as it was snapped off... not sure if you know what I mean but the fittings that screw onto the hydro cable then screws into the lever,, those fittings..

Anyone know where I can just buy fittings from ... ? found hfx9's but will these fit.. ?

Some photographs to explain what I'm after..

these are the brakes..

IMGP4384.jpg

IMGP4388.jpg

And hopefully you can see the part that is broken ..

IMGP4391.jpg

And a close up of the damage piece that fits onto the hose..

IMGP4387.jpg

I've done a measurement and I think its a M8 size..

Just really need the fittings for the hose to connect to the lever really,, with this being a old system will someone else's fitting work? ?

Many thanks in advance..

Rob..

hi rob

i'm 99% sure these are the same fitment as hayes and hope :? someone will be along soon and confirm tho :cool:

i seem to remember swapping a hose from a hayes mag to a formula brake a long time ago :?

Thanks.. I will do some investigations .. if i am right in my understanding , there will be a male M8 fitment that screws into the lever,, and then a olive or seal or sorts with another fitting that pushes into the hose.. ?

Hmmm

Back