BoTM May 2011 'Made In Canada 'eh' - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
hydorah":22mswggf said:
- I'm not 100% sure which company fabbed them up, whether a Look owned operation or another maker...

Probably either Devinci or Balfa.

Probably made by Procycle - they also made Oryx, bought out and destroyed Balfa, Peugeut Canada, Rocky Mountain, and several other house brands, including Oryx, Mikado and others.

Handbuilt by a guy in a factory, sadly.

Nice bike, though.

Can I just say RichieB has the best collection of bikes I've ever seen.

Carry on!

al. :D

RichieB":1f6b3nk5 said:
Probably made by Procycle - they also made Oryx, bought out and destroyed Balfa, Peugeut Canada, Rocky Mountain, and several other house brands, including Oryx, Mikado and others.

Handbuilt by a guy in a factory, sadly.

Nice bike, though.

Ha yeah, they always say handbuilt! It'd fairly hard to fully automate bicycle frame production, so 'cos a human puts tubes in a jig then welds them together = handmade

And yeah the welder sticking his initials in a little square on the frame probably helped Look justify the lofty figures they were asking for these things... They were eye brow raisingly priced...

Definitely a super nice ride and gorgeous attention to detail

I was thinking ProCycle too, they certainly seemed the most likely candidates, but it doesn't appear on their timeline would have thought it would be big time bragging rights

I'll look into the Davinci and Balfa options, I don't know a single thing about either of these makers! :oops:

It be nice find out for sure

Ok. I redid my DeKerf over the winter. Here's what I came up with. Build thread here.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1115800#1115800

DK09.jpg

DK08.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back