'91 Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East... UPDATED

jimmy-s3":1jfidkbs said:
Nice R5 GT Turbo!

It's just dawned on me that I'm stuck in 1991!! Same bike, same car and I still listen to hardcore!

No wonder my wife thinks I'm a freak.. I really need to move on and live in the now....!

thats a really nice dale. funny coincidence about the car and the bike. dont worry about it...when you find a good thing..stick to it! :LOL:

even that jacket is pretty stylish again these days...if you look at what the youngsters are wearing :LOL:

chiswickcollectables":3fptcuaz said:
It's just dawned on me that I'm stuck in 1991!! Same bike, same car and I still listen to hardcore!

No wonder my wife thinks I'm a freak.. I really need to move on and live in the now....!

Nothing wrong with that. I loved the early 90's. The only Mountain Bike Action magazines I read are from that era. My favorite bikes are from 90 and 91.

chiswickcollectables":25kqpj4u said:
jimmy-s3":25kqpj4u said:
Nice R5 GT Turbo!

what are we waiting for ......

hardcore

:LOL:

What happened to the first one? It was looking pretty tidy by the end of the other thread :)

MikeD":35pmxze2 said:
What happened to the first one? It was looking pretty tidy by the end of the other thread :)

Unfortunately the aluminium was in such a bad shape I had trouble getting the paint to stick and a lot of the corrosion was under the main Cannondale transfers which made things even trickier. Still have the old frame and plan to completely strip down to the metal and redo in black and orane splatter livery.

I would've finished it off but this larger better nick Beast came up :)

Yesterday I finished off the Beast... I'm really pleased with it and it rides like a gem. There are quite a few paint chips which I'll be touching up with some matching orange blobs (probably the easiest livery to touch up) and the some dreaded bubbling around the cage bolts.

It's been nearly 20 years since I last took this bike out; 20 years later we've both grown (my original '91 Beast was an 18"), but it feels as good today as it did then! Got some time off soon so planning an epic on it.

Frame: 3.0 Series Beast of the East 20"
Fork: Pepperoni

Headset: Tange Seiki
Stem: Tioga T-Bone
Handlebar: Kalloy Uno
Grips: ATI
Brakes: Ritchey Logic
Brake Cables: Shimano XT
Shifters/Levers: Shimano XT M092
Front Derailleur: Shimano LX M550
Rear Derailleur: Shimano LX M550
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XT