Colnago help

bikenut2010

Senior Retro Guru
anyone know of Colnagos without the clover cutouts in the lugs / BB shell?
I think they made a Sport and Super Sprint model like this?

hmm..i read somewhere recently, maybe even on this site that colnagos without the cut out in the bottom bracket shell were made for the italian cycling federation. i have no idea why!

rusty :)

Here is where you read that:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0778366317

The low end Colnagos did not have trefoil markings. The Sport and the Export were two examples, where the Colnago logo and name does not appear anywhere but on the decals. The same goes to low end MTB frames, like the Maxim and the "de luxe"

The Super Sprint had a cutout in the bottom bracket, a trefoil in the headtube lugs, and the word Colnago in the seatstay caps.

Later model frames replaced the cutout in the bottom bracket with an embossed Colnago emblem. The late 80s Duall was the first one I know that did this, and by the early 90s the cutout was gone.

If a frame does not have trefoils or the name stamped on it, then it is a sure sign that production has been outsourced. The Taiwanese made 2010 "Super" singlespeed monstrosity that Colnago sold is such an example.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back