E BAY FRUSTRATION !!!!

bowser

Senior Retro Guru
so here i am bidding on a raleigh 653 at a really ridiculously low price
with seconds left no more bids then two seconds to go i get outbid by a pound!
i was already planning a restoration project
for the summer . if someone on here won it fair play to you.
how do they do that?
boll**ks.

always put on the maximum you would be prepared to pay. just because it only finished a pound higher than your top bid doesnt mean his top bid wasnt higher

well was someone with a feedback of about twenty thousand must be a dealer . :evil:
well and truly sniped by the looks

i'm lucky enough to have quick broadband so I usually bid in the last few seconds, if I win great, if I lose, then at least I don't get sucked into paying more than I wanted.
Have lost many an auction with this method, but something usually comes along a week later.

Just don't bid at all, use auctionsniper and set your max in there. Beware that Ebay autobids for you, if an item has a current bid of £10 and then you bid £12 and set a max of £50, someone else comes along and bids £14 with a max of £52, then the current bid jumps to £52 pretty much immediate.

Have used both Gixen and Justsnipe. If I'm really keen on something I use both on the same auction. Both are great free auction snipers, but I prefer Gixen, because they don't limit my snipes each month.

Often my needs for bike restorations are quite specific, and that means I need to look in Europe, or UK to find what I'm looking for, and I'm not going to sit around at 5 a.m. in the morning waiting to manually bid on stuff, when I can set a sniper up to do it for me.

The other reason I like to use a sniping program is it tends to take the emotion out of the equation. I remember getting caught up in the exitement of the last few minutes of an auction. If I got outbid in the last few seconds, I often would find myself upping my max bid. A sniper program prevents me having to be there to get caught up in the hype.

whichever method you use, I suppose mines a manual version of sniper or whatever, you usually find that being out bid is a usual occurance if have a reaslistic opinion of price. Retro bits can be harder to guage, but well current stuff....
I have been sourcing gears and other parts for a mates 9speed. Tracked ebay for a while, but prices plus carraige for used parts usually went higher than what I paid for new from Merlin and Chainreaction or Ribbble. As a result he has 105 when he was aiming at Sora.

Back