'91 Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East... UPDATED

chiswickcollectables

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hey all............ I was going to wait until it was finished but after spending a few hours on it this afternoon it looked so tasty that I thought I'd give a few sneaky peeks. Only crappy phone pictures for now; will do a proper job when finished.

Unfortunately I had to ditch my original SM800 resto project ( http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ight=sm800) as the frame needed too much work but this one came up and although there was not one original component the fuselage was in much better nick.

So far I've just stripped and T-Cut the frame, then I've lumped on a load of NOS parts of original spec (M550 and M650). Added some Araya rims with DX hubs, a Logic/Sugino crankest and a period Avocet saddle.
Still got a few hours work on it but boy is it gonna be a sweeeet ride... and the best bit, I finally have a retro ride that fits me :D

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

The original.....

SM800spec.jpg

DSCO_SN001.jpg

More to follow :cool:

mikee":13fls7a8 said:
nice
keep the pics comming

i have a red beast (in my shed) :LOL:

Dude, I've just been checking out the 'my bikes' thread..... you must have a pretty big flippin' shed!!

Crackin' family of Kannundales you possess :cool:

chiswickcollectables":3nl8va7u said:
mikee":3nl8va7u said:
nice
keep the pics comming

i have a red beast (in my shed) :LOL:

Dude, I've just been checking out the 'my bikes' thread..... you must have a pretty big flippin' shed!!

Crackin' family of Kannundales you possess :cool:

thanks fella
always had the crackanfail love

racer x":1mnpgwr1 said:
Very cannondale nice liking your GT Turbo that brings back memories one of the best hatch backs :D

..... however the less said about the jacket the better, don't you think? ;-)

Back