Yeti ProFRO Disc retrofit project (building)

Latest updates...

5690903275_abef88974a_b.jpg

Follow the process on http://www.flickr.com/photos/planetjohnsen/

Is that the actual disc tab in place before welding? Just stuck on the inside of the dropout? If it is it looks terrible.

As for you saying there are no fun rigid disc brake bikes available now, you really haven't been looking hard enough. There's loads of them.

Ruining a classic frame for no good reason IMHO.
:-(

Go for it :D tell me did you consider a pro-stop set up? Retro and discs?

i think i have an original disc adaptor for this frame which uses a pre-i.s. hope c2 caliper :D

i'll go get a pic ;)

yeti-man":sj2rh41h said:
Well then is done. Frame and fork is now in the good hands of Mr. Johnsen.

Again, had this been a original Yeti (pre ProFRO) like a FRO or a Yak with a original Yeti fork (not the Answer Accu-Trax) I would never even thought about getting rid of the cantilever mounts etc. for a disc retro fit.

Stay tunde - this will be a Hot-(off)rod :twisted:

good rationale...I guess. Good luck with the end result :)

mfh126":328wc8ue said:
I cry everytime I see this thread. :cry:

I raise a cheer. If it means it's going to be ridden more often then then brilliant. Nothing worse than a period correct garage queen just sitting there. Dripping in CNC'd Pauls loveliness with white Porcs never being ridden because the paint might get chipped, the mechs will break and tyres will wear out destroying their "value".

i believe in fixies":iwtzpk1o said:
mfh126":iwtzpk1o said:

I raise a cheer. If it means it's going to be ridden more often then then brilliant. Nothing worse than a period correct garage queen just sitting there. Dripping in CNC'd Pauls loveliness with white Porcs never being ridden because the paint might get chipped, the mechs will break and tyres will wear out destroying their "value".

ya ya more more more

:)

i believe in fixies":3mpjqdcp said:
mfh126":3mpjqdcp said:

Quite.

Hurry up... Can't wait to see this finished.

Back