WTD: Final parts for bike build *Just need a chain

JimNicho

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Right, here's the bits I still need.. cheap and cheerful please:

Almost there... need to get my act together and get the thing polished.

***Now need a 9 speed chain (Funny how these things snowball)*** - Sorted

26.8 Seatpost - preferably black - Sorted

Semi integrated headset 1 1/8" Threadless, 44mm O/D bearing cups - Ordered

Saddle - not fussed as to brand etc... something soft and squishy - Sorted pending comfort testing

Grips - Again.. comfort is the key, preferably black - - Sorted

Bottom Bracket - 68mm Shell and around a 110mm axle I think (Need to measure the crap one I've got in there atm and make sure chainset fits) - Sorted

Cable set - Ordered off the bay

Rear Wheel needed, possibly front too. Disc hubs, Rear preferably with cassette. Don't need anything fancy, just cheap. - Now sorted.

Cheap and cheerful rear shock for the wife's saracen BSO. The one that's on there is completely shot and it rides like a clown's bike. 6" long... I'll check the width of the mountings tonight. Sorted... managed to butcher one I had lying about

Needs to be as cheap as possible, as I'm building the bike up for my Leeds - Liverpool charity ride in September.

One final question - is it acceptable to post a link to this thread in the Pre 98 wanted forum as well?

I've got a few saddles you can have for £7.50 delivered? Both Specialized BG ones, one has black Kevlar corners and the other Red.

EarlofBarnet":1bieudlq said:
I've got a few saddles you can have for £7.50 delivered? Both Specialized BG ones, one has black Kevlar corners and the other Red.

Do you have any pics of the Spesh Saddles... like the sound of the Black Kevlar corners. Like the proce too ;)

Got this new tioga seatpost for £15 posted.

IMG_2553.jpg

I have a set of disc wheels for sale, black mavic rims, black DT spokes, and black shimano hubs
Comes with a very low mileage shimano 9 speed cassette too

I have a for sale thread with pictures of them on here if you would like to look at them?

I have them for sale at £60 posted, but will sell them to you for £50 posted now.

They are in extremely good condition

Back