London town - Swinley Adventures

Good ride, Carge! 2 hours+ of dusty dry singletrack in brilliant sunshine - sure beats working! :cool:

StumpyO.jpg

I'm not going to sit and watch the Royal Wedding so I'll be biking! I'll either do Swinley or more likely the Chilterns on my new ti toy. Send a PM if you want to come too. If it is the Chilterns I'll be getting up early racking up some big miles.....

SP

Was toying with the idea of heading to Bedgebury for the ride down there on Friday......

I rode there on sunday, the day before the big fire took off. I ventured over to bagshot common which had already been partially burned the week before.
I heard yesterday that kids were spotted reigniting the fires on wednesday night. I so wish I could knock thier heads together.

I've sort of watched the fires from a distance but not ridden Swinley since I was out last tiem with you guys, but I have been riding to and from the station and can feel the fitness coming back.
Wonder if the fires will be out and the forest open this weekend, probably not and the weekend after I am racing so no rides for me. Only chance I will get for a ride up there now will be the 21st/22nd weekend.
As for the kids re-lighting the fires, why does that not surprise me :roll:, doesn't say much for the quality of people in the area really.

Carl.

head over this way to Horsell Common this weekend Carl if you fancy a ride out?
No elevation like Swinley but a few nice fast trails to test your tyres on..

drcarlos":12sgde02 said:
I've sort of watched the fires from a distance but not ridden Swinley since I was out last tiem with you guys, but I have been riding to and from the station and can feel the fitness coming back.
Wonder if the fires will be out and the forest open this weekend, probably not and the weekend after I am racing so no rides for me. Only chance I will get for a ride up there now will be the 21st/22nd weekend.
As for the kids re-lighting the fires, why does that not surprise me :roll:, doesn't say much for the quality of people in the area really.

Carl.

Bit of a silly comment, a couple of stupid kids does not make an area.

Back