Era specific XTR

RobMac":lqcfwoq5 said:
M960'ish M965 there abouts.

Cheers fella......Will the mechs be compatible with my mega 9 Deore shifters etc?? I keep hearing horror stories about Rapid Rise mechs needing matched shifters??? :?

I dont use Rapid Rise mechs I dont like them I got one taken off a new bike when I bought it after about 5 minutes. ;)

Rear Derailleur: Rapid Rise (low normal) RD-M960-GS (mid cage) and RD-M960-SGS (long cage), 9 speed STI compatible

Jimmy oldskool":3m4d8stw said:
RobMac":3m4d8stw said:
M960'ish M965 there abouts.

Cheers fella......Will the mechs be compatible with my mega 9 Deore shifters etc?? I keep hearing horror stories about Rapid Rise mechs needing matched shifters??? :?

I changed my Rapid Rise RD but kept the shifters so they must still be compatable (I think) :?

yes you can use rapid rise rear mechs with as far as i'm aware any shimano rapid fires.

just works in reverse, instead of using the trigger finger to shift down the cassette it shifts up instead, does take some getting used to and can be confusing having more than one bike with rapid rise and normal gearing i still shift the wrong way now :oops: lol

do quite like the 960 stuff has a nice sheen to it, still trying to bag a bargain rear mech on ebay for my FSR

Back