And today I did......

On my way home after my ride today I swung round by Mikee's gaf
and took a sneaky photo of his back garden :shock:

Mikeeshouse.jpg

oh , i also fitted some allow rim wheels to the dawes racer so all it needs is a new set of brake levers and brake blocks and i'll get using it :cool:

...well yesterday I bought a new tube for the fire eye. hardly ground breaking but it was a conti schrader and it was rather nice, metal threaded all the way up with a nut. I had been getting repeated slow punctures so I removed all the old rim tape to find several spokes proud of the rim a quick file and several layers of gaffer and insulation tape saw it right :) Ordered some fork oil and brake fluid as curiously all the fluid has vanished from the rear brake :? and just for interest I weighed it..........................35lbs :eek:

Today I rode off the ferry in North Shields, met a hill, no cycle lanes and two trucks tried to squish me......oh its good to be home :LOL:

Cycling in the Netherlands and Belgium is so easy, dedicated cycle lanes, no hills, drivers who respect you blimey its boring. Dutch trains are billiant if you've got a bike, Belgian trains are crap just like ours :roll:

The crazy begian single speeders in the only hilly part of their country laid on a great event which was bathed in sunshine. 3 brits and one foreigner battled it out for fixed gear honours, I think cab won that. Good beer and food but i didn't bring you guys any as I had to watch my cash once my bank card was lifted by a thief in Namur station :x

Got a little hot under the collar in dutch youth hostels which are unisex dormed. A rather attractive dutch girl stepping out the shower devoid of coverings leaves your average brit male some what slack jawed :shock: :oops:

A fantastic trip which I must repeat next year as the outrageous morph suited frenchies are holdind SSEC12 in SW France. Should be fantastic :cool:

Today ,i visited Dad in hospital where he is more or less critical with breathing problems .Stems from emphysema but complicated with Hodgkins lymphoma .The cancer took all the energy and the emphysema prevents him from gaining it back
Result-A forgone conclusion but stretched out.
I visit with mum but i cn no longer take being in a car with someone who cannot think ahead to plan a route,has little idea of direction [even in local area.
Constantly drives the familiar routes even though they end up 4 times longer

Its driving me potty :?
EG
Sitting at junction to turn onto long straight road-drive to the end of this road to drop me off.
Question-How do i get back to the junction
:shock:
Er... do a u-turn :?
But its everything and i cant take it much longer.I fear we'll drive into a major accident as she is so scat brained on direction.
Ask to stop here results in the car stopping 50yrds further on.Point out a parking spot well in advance.We drive past it.Not stopping.Not reversing :?
I go A-B
Mum goes A-B via C,D,R,Z and possibly M.

Before you ask.Im not allowed to drive[medical reason]

RobMac":eqi2o2qw said:
Andy its Hodgkins Ive had, it can be beat :?

He already has beaten it,however its the weakness thats left that he will never get over.
If he hadnt had the lung problems then its possible he would have been able to recover lost strength,to some degree at least.

I had no idea you had it too Rob.Well done for beating it :cool: :cool:

I understand its a stressful time for my family :?

Back