Back From The Single Speed Wilderness - But what is it?

Very nice indeed, any plans for your build?

I had an advantage in this quiz. thuis is in my shed:
Voodoo-III-04s.JPG

Enjoy!!

IbocProSX":99cgau2n said:
Very nice indeed, any plans for your build?

I had an advantage in this quiz. thuis is in my shed:
Voodoo-III-04s.JPG

Enjoy!!

Ahhh :D

I spied your bike over on MTBR but didn't realize it was yours if that makes sense :oops:

How do you get on with yours? Looks a 20'' - Same as mine.

Plans for this at the moment is single speed and ridged with lightness in mind.

Would like really low 20's if possible. :?

I would have thought a ti frame would be too flexy for a SS. When giving it the full beans out-of-the-saddle climbing even my super stiff alu SS frame flexes. Nice looking frame though :cool:

REKIBorter":2qz4hbv2 said:
I would have thought a ti frame would be too flexy for a SS. When giving it the full beans out-of-the-saddle climbing even my super stiff alu SS frame flexes. Nice looking frame though :cool:

Well I am screwed then - especially with my muscular legs :cool:

I don't see how a Ti frame will flex more in a ss guise than it would in a gear guise other than due to the ratio.

I shall be going with a 1:1 ratio just to be sure though ;)

letmetalktomark said:
Ahhh :D

I spied your bike over on MTBR but didn't realize it was yours if that makes sense :oops:

How do you get on with yours? Looks a 20'' - Same as mine.
Plans for this at the moment is single speed and ridged with lightness in mind.
Would like really low 20's if possible. :?

Yup I posted this on the Voodoo thread on MTBR too. I'm getting on with it just fine, best riding was on a long weekend to the dunes near Bergen, with a dozen bumps up to 50m elevation that's about as good as it gets in Holland ;) It was as happy climbing and descending or even hammering the big ring on the flats. threaded it's way nicely in the woodsy singletrack too.

I had planned to go light and V-brakes but it rides nice like this. I've been fettling the set-up a bit and have settled on a -6° stem now for the high front end. The bike was sold in the UK with a 140mm Fox, but I like it best with the Pace wound back from 130mm to around 100-110mm. This works out at some 70° head angle, and the BB is high enough not to have any pedal strikes.The rear sliders are solid too, no issues with them even though I am a bit of a masher.

Enjoy!!

Back