100 pushup challenge

Neil":3bgd0ccp said:
but who on the thread completed the course, and / or the challenge of 100? One, that I can see, for an almost unrelated reason.

By all means, though - you be the ball Johnny. And feel free to post back your progress, when you've finished it all, and done the target amount. And you may just do that, now, to spite my derision - in which case, feel free to monkey-dance your victory celebration. You may just be that fun-loving, unique and special snowflake that bucks the overwhelming trend.

still not getting laid I see Neil?

Aye, but the idea of the challenge and the attempt is half the battle, regardless of outcome. Im quite a determined chap so if I give something a go I tend to see it through. If I complete the challenge It wont be to spite you as my world doesnt evolve around proving others wrong, I like to prove things to myself.

Oh, the FUN comment was in response to LGF's 'join us for a daft challenge and quit the negative' comment to you. Not just the challenge itself.

Dude, seriously, are you always trying to be funny or nice or informative or something positive? Do you realise how you come across?

KeepItSteel":31kz153u said:
Neil":31kz153u said:
but who on the thread completed the course, and / or the challenge of 100? One, that I can see, for an almost unrelated reason.

By all means, though - you be the ball Johnny. And feel free to post back your progress, when you've finished it all, and done the target amount. And you may just do that, now, to spite my derision - in which case, feel free to monkey-dance your victory celebration. You may just be that fun-loving, unique and special snowflake that bucks the overwhelming trend.
Don't really see the connection.

And truth be told, never something I've struggled with - but by all means, feel free to think so.
KeepItSteel":31kz153u said:
Aye, but the idea of the challenge and the attempt is half the battle, regardless of outcome. Im quite a determined chap so if I give something a go I tend to see it through. If I complete the challenge It wont be to spite you as my world doesnt evolve around proving others wrong, I like to prove things to myself.

Dude, seriously, are you trying to be funny or nice or informative or something positive? Do you realise how you come across?
et tu?

s_zigmond":unmrktgn said:
As said it is a challange, and if nothing else it will improve our upper body strength
A challenge that it seems nobody directly completed or stuck to.

And as to upper body strength - well it will improve a bit over baseline - but only from a pushing (triceps) and chest perspective, really.

But as the goal is some arbitrary number, after a bit, strength improvements will plateau, but conditioning will improve - in short, whilst any that stick with it continue onwards and upwards, strength will improve a little, in the areas mentioned, and you'll just get better / more efficient at doing 100 press-ups.

Not that there's anything wrong with arbitrary challenges - I don't mean to sound so critical - it's just that often the reality is that most don't stick to it, and complete it, and the purported gains or benefits from doing so are quite overplayed.

My mum always says if you dont have anything nice or possitive to say dont say anything at all!

Very clever women my mother!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Neil":2ptows35 said:
s_zigmond":2ptows35 said:
As said it is a challange, and if nothing else it will improve our upper body strength
A challenge that it seems nobody directly completed or stuck to.

And as to upper body strength - well it will improve a bit over baseline - but only from a pushing (triceps) and chest perspective, really.

But as the goal is some arbitrary number, after a bit, strength improvements will plateau, but conditioning will improve - in short, whilst any that stick with it continue onwards and upwards, strength will improve a little, in the areas mentioned, and you'll just get better / more efficient at doing 100 press-ups.

Not that there's anything wrong with arbitrary challenges - I don't mean to sound so critical - it's just that often the reality is that most don't stick to it, and complete it, and the purported gains or benefits from doing so are quite overplayed.

My reason for doing it is because I like a challange, and it will help a little. If I have others to challange me this is a benefit.

Each to there own

Neil":3tszum3m said:
- I don't mean to sound so critical -

Priceless.

I dont think anyone is really hanging on to the purported potential gains that are making you so tense - Its a harmless thread about a physical challenge - that some buddies have had a bash at.
Chill Winston - do us a favour and shmoke da pancake

Neil":3brym8gq said:
KeepItSteel":3brym8gq said:

And truth be told, never something I've struggled with - but by all means, feel free to think so.

Mrs Palm and her 5 sisters dont count mate!!

KeepItSteel":1pbjhjqq said:
Neil":1pbjhjqq said:
- I don't mean to sound so critical -
Priceless.
Eye-thang-ewe.
I dont think anyone is really hanging on to the purported potential gains that are making you so tense
Um, I'm not tense about it all - you?
Its a harmless thread about a physical challenge - that some buddies have had a bash at.
Chill Winston - do us a favour and shmoke da pancake
And I've got no real criticism of it, as a bit of fun - I only commented, because it was first raised ages ago - and has now been resurrected, and true to form, nobody really stuck to it.

Maybe this time, eh?

KeepItSteel":6h76g3cc said:
Neil":6h76g3cc said:
KeepItSteel":6h76g3cc said:

You think whatever you like to raise your self-esteem, mate.

S'all the same to me.

Neil":35z63bqf said:
KeepItSteel":35z63bqf said:
Neil":35z63bqf said:
KeepItSteel":35z63bqf said:

You think whatever you like to raise your self-esteem, mate.

S'all the same to me.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Love it.

Shalom Tommy T.

Back