100 pushup challenge

Well if anyone is up for trying again, lets pick a day to start then post everytime we complete a day. Might meen we can encourage each otehr

legrandefromage":2censeqw said:
s_zigmond":2censeqw said:
Did anyone actually complete this?
did we bollox!
Hate to say it, but I told you so...

Acksherly, that's a lie, I don't hate to say it.

But in all of this, there's a subtle point - beyond gimmicks, and pointless pointlessness, the best form of exercise for people is one they'll sustain. At a guess, for most on here, that will be cycling.

The problem with some arbitrary number is either it's pitched beyond what most people will achieve, or if it's reasonably achievable, they'll be that "So what..." moment once you've done it.

Let me get this right, you want me to put down whatever I'm eating at the time,get off my ass and do 100 pushups?

Don't be ridiculous.

al. :D

ps are they the same as pressups but Mercan?

I started doing this back in December but got bored and gave up. At the time I could just about manage 50 in one go.

In January I joined my local kickboxing club and train twice a week for an hour. Due to the gentle beasting from our instructor and the desire not to be "shown up" in front of the rest of the group, I can now do 100 press ups in one go, (but if effing kills me). :)

Im trully rubbish at press ups.
Lost loads of weight recently so thinking about giving this a go.
After all MANLY (in a loose sense of the word) CHALLENGES are FUN

I like challenges, and I like achieving a target. And I like a sense of satisfaction when accomplishing said challenges, so im going to join the FUN and have a go at this.

And im prepared to feel ashamed at my first round score.. :oops:

KeepItSteel":1lylwno2 said:
Im trully rubbish at press ups.
Lost loads of weight recently so thinking about giving this a go.
After all MANLY (in a loose sense of the word) CHALLENGES are FUN

I like challenges, and I like achieving a target. And I like a sense of satisfaction when accomplishing said challenges, so im going to join the FUN and have a go at this.

And im prepared to feel ashamed at my first round score.. :oops:
Of course it's FUN for a brief period - few days, couple of weeks, maybe.

But who on the thread completed the course, and / or the challenge of 100? One, that I can see, for an almost unrelated reason.

By all means, though - you be the ball Johnny. And feel free to post back your progress, when you've finished it all, and done the target amount. And you may just do that, now, to spite my derision - in which case, feel free to monkey-dance your victory celebration. You may just be that fun-loving, unique and special snowflake that bucks the overwhelming trend.

Back