2011 Trek Fuel EX9 project

Looks stunning Nick, lovely bike. Can't say I noticed the difference between my Superstar rotors and others I've used. Get a few miles under them and see if they start biting.

Well after 6 very squeaky rides, I threw back on the SuperStar rotors which I'd previously taken off...and the squeak stopped. Phew!

So here she is in her current incarnation. The post has been swapped out for an in-line Thomson and my NOS Bonty saddle arrived yesterday which matches the stem. Hopefully it will be a damn site more comfortable than the skinny saddle I was using above.

I let a little air out of the forks at the weekend and they now ride lovely and plush, so aside from a wheel upgrade at a later date, I expect that will be it for awhile. Time to focus on the Kula! :cool:

nick_ex9_26.jpg

nick_ex9_24.jpg

nick_ex9_25.jpg

nick_ex9_27.jpg

nick_ex9_28.jpg

nick_ex9_29.jpg

nick_ex9_30.jpg

nick_ex9_32.jpg

New additions were fitted today. :D

Just need to play around with the gear shifters and see if I can get away with them sat on the inside of the brake levers, if not I'll go for Hope's combo mounts.

nick_ex9_33.jpg

nick_ex9_34.jpg

nick_ex9_35.jpg

Yeah Brian is running those as well. I removed the displays from my shifter units and moved them on the outer side of the brakes, moving the brake levers further inbound so as to have the levers in a better position for 2 finger braking. Works perfectly, so I think I'll leave the matchmakers for now.

Matt, the brakes squealed all around Grizedale on Saturday, but yesterday we went out around Loughrigg and Iron keld and they only squealed when wet. I'm most impressed. Just need to get some gear outers that match the braided hoses (more or less) and I think Goodridge do something along this line.

Back