Claud Butler Majestic, Maillard Freehub question

roboade

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,

I'm the proud owner of a CB majestic courtesy of our friends at ebay, ie this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1156

Just wondering how to remove the Maillard 5 speed casette (freehub I think, not freewheel) ? Any specific tools needed ?

I also have a have a bit of a rust extravaganza going on, hopefully nothing serious. I was going to sand/re-paint. But then I live a mile from C & G Finishes in Liverpool, so blast/powdercoat could be the order of the day. Thanks all.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Depending on the type of Freewheel you'll need an extractor to fit it and the use of a vice, not to mention a bit of brute force. Ive got advice from a cycle shop before, as the part which the extractor fits into on the FW can vary in design/cut outs and so forth.

Cheers for the reply. I have the Shimano tool for UG/HG that you use with a chainwhip. However I can't see any lockring or splines or anything on the Maillard. I've had a dig around on Google and there is a tool with very fine splines that seems to work with some Maillards, however not mine. I shall have a proper look later, or try to take a photo and post that.

i have found a shimano tool some times fits Malliard. they don't look like that though. I do wonder if its helicomatic?

google heliocomatic tools and look at the first page. See if the tool looks right. there is a pic of a freewheel as well which looks a bit like yours.
If so it's search for a new freewheels or much easier a new hub or wheel. :cry:

Hmmm, well the rear wheel rim is a little the worse for wear, so a new standard wheel is looking tempting.

Back