Skye 2011 Aftermath thread....

TK's bodged rear mount....

skye095.jpg

haven't got pic of front one. Sure TK will oblige :p

Just watched the Danny Mac/Hans/Peaty vid - on the Quiraing, it looks like they went as far as the Prison and turned around and came back again, and then also went up to the table top too. Doesn't look like they did any of flowy singletrack down to Flodigarry though, obviously just going for the photogenic stuff.

They made it look easy, amazing to watch when you consider there is some of that that would give you pause if you were just walking it. Enjoyed seeing them do Mr P's corner in reverse too.

The Ken":375im5fd said:
zigzag":375im5fd said:
Enjoyed seeing them do Mr P's corner in reverse too.

you mean the one I crawled around on all fours dragging my bike from fear of falling?
Nah, funnily enough didn't see them near that, would have been good to see them hike-a-biking the crevasse.

This one:

dscf1186k.jpg

Yes that's the one I crawled round on all fours dragging my bike :) I didn't have my bike at the other one , you took it for me :)

Met a couple half way round (well their boots at least) and the woman said "Aren't you making that more difficult for yourself?"

Hell, maybe the slopes and drops were made worse by my mind.

The Ken":3bmsm33n said:
Hell, maybe the slopes and drops were made worse by my mind.
Nail. Head. Would you have even given it a thought if those had been in a forest?

no, probably not, but that is vertigo for you - no control over what is going on though your mind, plus trees break your fall :)

Mr Panda":t0ickp33 said:
Remember Grasshopper - gravity pulls you firmly onto the mountainside, not down it :D
:D Did make me smile, that.

Just put the Sligachan route into Bikehike...

Sligachan to Camusanary: 7.54 miles.
105m ascent.
107m descent.

How did that take us nearly 4 hours!?!?!

Total Sligachan loop, including Moll Peninsula road: 29.24 miles.
509m ascent.
530m descent.

Interestingly, the Strath Mor bog isn't listed as a cycle route on the OpenCycleMap.

Back