BoTM May 2011 'Made In Canada 'eh' - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rek Tek, Marinoni, Devinci, Gardin, Cameron, Mazerak, a Ritchey (RM) and a Fat (?) frame, a number of Evil Imperials were built by Divinci,and stretching it, a CCM based klunker could surface......local knowledge. ;)

FMJ":2qqvxfem said:
Rek Tek, Marinoni, Devinci, Gardin, Cameron, Mazerak, a Ritchey (RM) and a Fat (?) frame, a number of Evil Imperials were built by Divinci,and stretching it, a CCM based klunker could surface......local knowledge. ;)

The Fat, while being marketed to and sold in the Canadian market, was made in the Far East. Also, the same with some of the Norco line, if not all.

This is a cool idea, and there are a bunch to make it a worthy competition; just have to get the word out to them. Anyone know Jimbo? I want to see Dekerf's, Off Road Toads, RM's, and Brodies battle it out :)

this link might help:
http://www.canadianmade.com/bikes.htm

wtb_rider":1f8awt8u said:
c´mon guys

here is a little appetizer,....
such a nice theme.
unfortunatly not mine, so this is just a bumper from me.

Here's another, but this one is mine. I'm still waiting on a rear hub to arrive from another forum member so I'm not sure I'll be done in time for the vote...

main.php

I know BOTM rule 9 states one bike (per member) per month but if the entries are looking a little lean towards voting time can special permission be given to enter a second bike for this special month??

Personally I doubt any of my bikes are winners in comparison to those owned by other forum members, I just think it will look better with a wider variety of Canadian bikes for everyone to contemplate.

doooooh :(

I'm working on my RekTek, but not even close to entering in the BOTM yet.

There are a couple of members here with Titanium RekTeks.

FluffyChicken said:
novekili said:
When did Rocky Mountain start building in Taiwan BTW?
Might always have, I don't think everything was built (frame) by them. Some where built in Japan (Toyo) I think that's Japan, in the late 80's. Certainly think my low end frame was built somehwere else (start Ixxxxxx) (1992) always assumed it was Ishiwata or whatever the frame tubing supplier was. So I doubt any 'Ixxx' are Canada made frames, could well be wrong. I also thought their 'Y' serial frames where abroad i.e. the Alu frames in early 90's but it's something for another thread for someone too educate us.

Very interesting, so, apart from the Altitude, which frames were made in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back