Skye 2011 Aftermath thread....

a Skye Picture of the Ride might be a nice poll, select a few each and set up a poll in the main section, could draw in more readers too. I think I know who is going to win though :)

The Ken":3vkhkrag said:
a Skye Picture of the Ride might be a nice poll, select a few each and set up a poll in the main section, could draw in more readers too. I think I know who is going to win though :)
Ha, it's a no brainer!

We should modify all our sigs as well like you've done with the link to the aftermath thread - is this correct?

Code:
[url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=147814][img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee243/dkeningale/NarrowBannerBlank-2.jpg[/img][/url]

Sooo many good images I think it'd be hard to pick! But a mini poll is a great idea! Could link to that too from our sigs.

Re: Bothy

Jamiedyer":20trln8g said:
karma is magic, what goes around comes around. From all points to do with this weekend the biking gods were smiling on us :D
They are great pics all, but the ones at the bothy are great especially when you consider we were only a quarter of the way round and it had already taken us about 3 or more hours. I was looking at that track straight up the mountain, with my singlespeed and think thats when I joined you on the ground hoping when I looked back up it would be smaller :LOL:
No such luck.
Worth it though.
Jamie

Indeed - and I think the situation was that we were all just absolutely plain enjoying ourselves and the surroundings. No pressure to go fast. No rushing about. Being there was the key. Just being there. :cool:

Better to travel than to arrive an' all that.........

A truly magic weekend.

And to think the week before I couldn't really be ersed with the idea of going :?

PS - how d'ya do those banner things - might have this one :D

A few more I missed...

dscf1220sch.jpg

Radek snapping the Glen Shiel fire

dscf1139u.jpg

dscf1158bf.jpg

Enjoying the view

dscf1200.jpg

War wounds

Like that photo with ocean view, unforgiven moment.
kaiser":38frf6mk said:
Bring back POTM! Some truly great images :D Nice bikes too, where did you get the Salsa Rado? Also how do you rate your bike choice? Underbiked or overbiked?
I bought off RB member Taffy with 10 utb in mind. It's one of best handling and possibly lightest bike I ever own. That said, full suser with flat pedals and solid mountain boots plus some rage put in legs might make Skye singletrack more rideable or comfortable at least.

I'm definitely going to do this this year, could it be done in a day, travelling included?

Back