Team Raleigh Dyna-Tech ex Adrian Timmis. Finished Project.

Hi Sinnett177 !
I've just logged on the site for the first time in about 2 Yrs - it's good to see the dynatech is out and about ! I'm copying this thread to my brother who you bought the machine from. We are both out alot on more modern machinery nowadays , although I've still got my GT Borrego in the loft - will have to sort a ride out in Sherwood Forest (pines) at somepoint and get you to bring it over - it would be good to see it in the flesh again !
Regards Dave.

Legendary

Always had a soft spot for the Team Raleigh bikes as my local bikeshop was run by factory mechanic Phil Sherwood. He fettled my Torus a few times so it is nice to see another bike he would have worked on.

If I had to name just one thing that sums up what retrobike means to me, it would be this thread and the inspirational attention to detail. Good work fella.

Re: Legendary

Angry_Pirate":cdpqqtko said:
If I had to name just one thing that sums up what retrobike means to me, it would be this thread and the inspirational attention to detail. Good work fella.

Hear Hear! :D

Built a very nice wheel did Mr. Sherwood, very nice indeed :cool:

Re: Team Raleigh Dyna-Tech ex Adrian Timmis. Finished Projec

Just had the pleasure of a nice long read of this build thread. Wonderful
Thank you.

Re: Team Raleigh Dyna-Tech ex Adrian Timmis. Finished Projec

Good of you to bump it, always worth another gander :cool:

Re:

chaser":2e24e22a said:
Hey Mark,

I've been out of the loop for a while... Retro spending had to end for a while so I had to go 'cold turkey on ebay and retrobike :cry:

Great to see you flying the raleigh flag at the races.

You know, I emailed Raleigh with a link to your story and had a rant about them missing the 'retro revival' and suggested that they could do a lot worse than make an early 90's Team Bike re-issue frame and be proud of their racing heritage instead of hiding the brand behind this MTRAX badge as they seem to be doing in the latest ads.

It would get them a lot of airtime with the magazines for sure.

I saw the guys from Corratec [who Raleigh are distributing] on Cannock Chase some weeks ago and they told me that my email and your story was brought up at a product marketing meeting! Who knows maybe we will see a Limited Edition Team Raleigh re issue after all :cool:

In the meanwhile I have my eye on an R8 [bike, not car :LOL: ]

Ride and smile,

Chaser.

Wondering whether you got a response from Raleigh?

I emailed (lengthy emails with attachments) them twice with requests for information and advice since just before Xmas - to two different Raleigh UK email addresses, and they didn't even bother replying!

I wonder what happened to the Legendary Raleigh Customer Service of old?

Latest posts

Back