How much is too much - question for style police

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Matching stem and bar is obviously a good thing (isn't it?) but would bars by the same manufacturer be too much?

To explain further, I have a (black) Syncros post and a (pewter) Syncros stem. Colour of course doesn't match but to my eyes it looks pretty good. Would adding Syncros bars be the step too far, over-Syncrosing the pudding if you like?

And if it would, any bar suggestions?

Matching manufacturer for bar, stem and, if you like, bar-end combo fine.
Same colour, not fine.
I have just done red stem, alloy bar and red ends - IMO looks cool.
Tallpaul tried same colour for the whole lot and it didn't work; see his Zasker thread in readers bikes.

But......bikes are all personal taste and its only you that has to ride it, so whatever your happy with mate ;)

don't forget you are in underpopulated western England - nobody will see you anyway - especially where you live ;)

Same colour/maker fine to me. Why not? If it a good maker then yes Didn't stop people buying Klein MC 1/2

Koga did bikes with Syncros everything in the early 90s. Looked ace :cool:

I agree an all-Syncros array is absolutely perfect - in fact if you saw a bike with a bit of Syncros, a bit of Easton and a bit of Thomson, you might think it looked a bit of a ragbag.

But I don't get this matching seat post and stem thing - ok, if you're saying don't have a black post and a silver stem, that's a bit like wearing gold and silver - but e.g., my Kilauea has a yellow Roox stem to echo the yellow decals, but I think a yellow post as well would be way too much, so I stick with the silver it was designed for (Syncros, natch).

ededwards":yz4cd7hr said:
Matching stem and bar is obviously a good thing (isn't it?) but would bars by the same manufacturer be too much?

To explain further, I have a (black) Syncros post and a (pewter) Syncros stem. Colour of course doesn't match but to my eyes it looks pretty good. Would adding Syncros bars be the step too far, over-Syncrosing the pudding if you like?

And if it would, any bar suggestions?

Black Syncros bar, to match the 'post. :cool:
Am I now a Style Policeman? :p

"Lieutenant Corduroyboy - Style Police. Can you come down to the station and answer some questions?" ;)

Back