i need your help, i want your encouragement/abuse etc!

todays update! :D

since the welsh trip i had 7 or so days before the HONC so i did a couple of easy rides, just to spin my legs ready for that ride. when i got to the HONC after a 2 hour drive i wasn't sure how i was gonna feel but once on the bike i was happy and rolled around the course in 3 hours for the 33miles which considering how slow the first 5 or so miles were because of the crowds i was quite happy with.

since then though i have been a bad boy, i was gonna ride the following day but that went out the window! :oops: then i was back into work, i had the intention of riding before my first nightshift aswel but lazyness got the better of me although i did spend some happy spanner time in the garage.

so today i exercised the demons!! i went out and did 28 miles off road and if i could work out how to get the google map thing from the phone to the computer that would be cool but i can't!! :roll: i still have tomorrow off so i will try and get out tomorrow on the road bike but then i'm back in work on tuesday :(

anyway, here's a HONC pic and a pick from todays ride :D

Attachments

• dusty trails.jpg
    dusty trails.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,039
  • honc water crossing.jpg
    honc water crossing.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,039
i haven't updated this in a while so i thought i would as i have just finished a quite big ride for me, 43 miles! :D

my usual training ride starts from brockenhurst in the new forest and is about 23 miles long but back in the day i used to ride to brockenhurst (about 10 miles away from home) and do a loop towards lyndhurst then home, which was about 28 miles, so recently i have done that a couple of times to increase my ability to ride longer distances.

today though i left home and decided that if my legs felt good i'd try for a longer ride, so i headed for brockenhurst and then did the 23 mile loop which then comes back via brockenhurst then the 10 miles home. so todays milage ended up being 43 miles which i am really pleased with.

i did die a bit towards the end but i did enjoy the ride.

oh and it was a retro ride! the p7 came out to play! :D

Attachments

• 1995 orange p7.jpg
    1995 orange p7.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,001
finished a nightshift at 6am this morning, spent the guts of the day in bed asleep, when i dragged my arse out of bed i mooched about for a bit, then had dinner, let it settle then decided it was time for a nightride :D

23miles starting about 9.15pm :cool:

Attachments

• nightride.jpg
    nightride.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 958
another night another nightride :D

about 15miles though this time, hastily arranged and including 2 pubs!! :D

Attachments

• beer and bikes!.jpg
    beer and bikes!.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 937
both pics were taken towards the end of both rides so more like 1030 to 11pm ;)

both a good laugh though, just got up early coz i'm sort of dog sitting but now she's had a walk i think i'll mooch about in the garage for a while then go out on the bike again. :D

haven't updated this for a while so today i did a 25 mile ride on the newly finished proflex, it was it's first proper ride, i got 5 miles in and the bolt that holds the seatstays to the shock worked loose!! quick tweak with the handy tool and all was ok though. also i had to remember that i had to climb sitting down, there's a bit too much bouncing to climb out of the saddle so it's better to sit down and just push harder.

previously on saturday i did the Erlestoke 6 hour enduro and achieved my target of 5 laps so i am pleased with that.

previously to that i did a couple of 25 mile rides so i have been getting out a reasonable amount.

anyway here's todays pic :D

Attachments

• proflex gets an outing.jpg
    proflex gets an outing.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 869
doing well, did a 22 mile evening ride with a buddy tonight, even had a beer stop at the end :D also did 25 miles yesterday, so that's 3 rides in 3 days aswel as that enduro and then there's the IOW ride on sunday! so really chuffed with how much i have done this last week or so :D

gonna have 2 non ride days now though, need to start sorting stuff for mayhem, i know it's 2 weeks off but they way it works out i have very little time between no and then to sort stuff! combination of work, a stag weekend and 2 days riding in wales and a few other things.

:D

thought i'd update this as i haven't done so in ages!

also i am trying to make myself ride more, failing a little bit but today i went out and did my 25 mile training ride and it was awesome out there. shorts, baselayer and riding top, lovely and warm for january, bring on the global warming!! :LOL:

here's a pic, i was riding my proflex today, also i did this same ride on my buckshaver 2 days ago. :D

Attachments

• today on the trail.jpg
    today on the trail.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 512

Latest posts

Back