Skye 2011 Aftermath thread....

Hello

Hi guys
The pics are brilliant!
Again, what a brilliant weekend.
Rado, PM me your address and I will get a tube off to you, and Robmac, I didnt have a tube but I did have some parktool super patches but it was quicker and easier when someone offers you a tube ;) Though I will take a spare next time :LOL:
Whens the next epic?

Jamie

Spacer

Hi mate
Forget the spacer, I had :LOL:
Throw it in the bottom of the tool box for next time.
remember I would still be interested in purchasing the trailer-bike for the little man sometime.
Jamie

Jamie that is a Karma item for you, I got it cheap and had more than my moneys worth out of it, just remind me before the next ride you can get to, so I can pack it, as it is pretty long for posting as it doesn't fold down.

If you are driving down to glasgow at any point I could meet you in perth at the new tiso's/alpine bikes on route.

Re: Hello

Thanks for kind words chaps and looking forward for some more pictures from ZZ and Mr P. Especially me lying dead beside bothy :LOL:

Jamiedyer":b5jzfda9 said:
Hi guys
The pics are brilliant!
Again, what a brilliant weekend.
Rado, PM me your address and I will get a tube off to you, and Robmac, I didnt have a tube but I did have some parktool super patches but it was quicker and easier when someone offers you a tube ;) Though I will take a spare next time :LOL:
Whens the next epic?

Jamie

Nae bother my friend, I really not fancy send crank bolts back to you.
I certainly can say it was a good trade for a pair of bolts and karma tyre. I've got matching set now, perfect for my upcoming project.

Bothy

karma is magic, what goes around comes around. From all points to do with this weekend the biking gods were smiling on us :D
They are great pics all, but the ones at the bothy are great especially when you consider we were only a quarter of the way round and it had already taken us about 3 or more hours. I was looking at that track straight up the mountain, with my singlespeed and think thats when I joined you on the ground hoping when I looked back up it would be smaller :LOL:
No such luck.
Worth it though.
Jamie

Some more........Saturday...... :LOL:

campsite
skye167.jpg

if you're going to get a puncture - it might as well be here
skye186.jpg

skye185.jpg

skye176.jpg

skye175.jpg

TK rescues his bike after it falls 4 feet on photoshoot :LOL:
skye171.jpg

Taking no chances this time, he bribes ZZ to hang onto the Xizang :LOL:
skye179.jpg

skye180.jpg

skye001.jpg

skye004.jpg

skye006.jpg

skye008.jpg

Camusunary
skye013.jpg

skye015.jpg

skye017.jpg

"Turn over. No, you turn over". Spoons
:shock:
skye018.jpg

Hot work.......
skye019.jpg

skye020.jpg

Hot, tiring work
skye022.jpg

skye023.jpg

skye024.jpg

skye025.jpg

skye026.jpg

Sex One and the Atlantic :p
skye027.jpg

Again.....
skye028.jpg

Somewhere in a big, wet bog, shortly before the Polish Swearing began :LOL:
skye029.jpg

Sunday to follow......... :)

Great pictures, and all I can say about you lot is that you're a bunch of mad bastards. :)

Is there any chance of somebody posting a map with the route you did on it?

old_coyote_pedaller":33ln6obo said:
Is there any chance of somebody posting a map with the route you did on it?

Saturday's Sligachan looop, which we did anti-clockwise starting from Sligachan hotel top left - only difference from what you can see is that we took the yellow single track road around Loch Ainort / Moll peninsula, since there was no nasty climb on it. We also didn't do the yellow 'A' alternate route.

sligachan1280x1745.jpg

Sunday's Quiraing run - A pleasant walk / cycle starting at the car park bottom left, up to Flodigarry top right then road back to the cars.

quirang1249x1403flat.jpg

Back