North East Rides; Nightrides and Thrunton- Join in!

Simonside resident":v9bubm1m said:
toons":v9bubm1m said:
Simonside do you know where this is?
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/144703/
Yes I do.
How do I put this..the clue is in the title SECRET. I`ve heard that people are GPSing routes that were secret then announcing them to the world on open forums. Thrunton is struggling after the winter at the moment, so its best that the access stuff stays out of the public domain :)

Thrunton struggling??? Hardly it’s riding bloody lovely at the moment, dry and fast? I can't get enough of Block House at the moment :)

There's only one section that needs repairing and we're sorting that out at with a new base layer.

And me posting a Google map on here, that's viewed by 8 people is hardly announcing to the world is it? Plus the map isn’t named so doesn’t show up on a Google search!

EDIT: BTW the maps were posted into a private group on Facebook of mates that ride Thrunton!!!! They only way to see that group is if I invite you in!!!

Thrunton is doing grand actually and due to making the TTB more easy to find then the numbers of volunteers is increasing.

I spoke to 5 riders on Sunday who had no idea how to get involved but were desperate to help out on build days. If it had remained a secret they wouldn't have know.

But numbers were dwindling and thats a fact - everyone knows the trails are up there - dont kid yourself there are bike shops in Newcastle that were running group rides there. You wont stop it all we can do is get more people to help out and repair them. There was even talk of a MBR doing a route map and feature. Thankfully that came to nothing.

And this nonsense about not riding them in the winter too - I rode all winter but at the same time it was 1hr riding to 1 hr trail maintenance. We seen lots of people riding who had come from as far as Durham, South Shields and all over North - we cant stop them but we can get them to put something back.

From the TTB website "The knowledge that you are helping to keep the natural singletrack trails of Thrunton open and well maintained."

Hello, keeping natural singletrack maintained?

Contradiction? Trades descriptions act?

I could go on for ages about this. If Iam shown secret stuff it remains so. I helped Stikman built some of the original stuff in Thrunton that thankfully hasnt been maintained, however it has had the guts ridden out of it by everybody and their skill compensator.

So you have issues with the trails being simply maintained?

I'm lost with your agenda here, are you against all sorts of trail building then even this secret Simonside stuff? Will it not be maintained if it has a natural type appearance or are you making Glentress type highways?

I helped Stikman built some of the original stuff in Thrunton
Congratulations, well done, bravo.... You were there first blah blah

Not riding at all at the moment. Too busy. Probably riden less than 5 times in the last six months. Heading down to North Yorks to ride with Uncle Vern on saturday though.

Si

That can't be good for your health!

We're still riding Tuesday evenings and some Thursday’s; give me a shout if you're free.

Drew's still saying he'll be out on a bike soon!!

toons":12671nb7 said:
That can't be good for your health!

We're still riding Tuesday evenings and some Thursday’s; give me a shout if you're free.

Can't be arsed with the politics and bitching from certain individuals tbh. I'll stick to riding solo if i get the chance. Might see you out and about though.

Back