Steve Worlands Pace RC100

Paul Eggleton

Retro Guru
I know this bike has had extensive coverage on here from when Jez owned it for a few years but I've had this little beauty for a couple of weeks now and managed to get a few miles in today.

18337965.png

We've not had a straight forward start to the relationship; on a quick ride around the block I grabbed the rear brake and the rear wheel came out of the horizontal dropouts resulting in a bent wheel, hence the WTD request for a new rim. I was fuming but it was all my fault as I hadn't wanted to force the x-lite skewers too tight/much, but I should have!!!

77e6a8b4.png

So I managed to talk Jez into selling me another set of wheels to get me going and today I went out to get some miles in on the local canal paths. 5 mins after taking this first photo I get a front puncture, but I was prepared and had it swapped in no time. 15mins later I get one on the rear. No other spare tube or repair kit so I had to call the local rescue service(wife) as I was 5 miles from home and didn't want to walk.

c3bd75ca.png

Hopefully these will be the only teething problems. Apart from the punctures the bike was just as I had remembered my old Pace (F2) to be; razor sharp, quite twitchy, but very fast! Loved it. :D :D

Frame: 18" Pace RC100

Fork: RC35

Headset: Campag
Stem: Pace one Piece
Handlebar: Rental with spacer clamp
Grips: tbc
Barends: na

Brakes: Magura Race Lite
Brake Pads: Magura
Brake Cables: Magura Hydraulic
Cantilever cable hangers: na
Brake Levers: Magura Race Lite

Shifters: XT Thumbies
Front Derailleur: XT
Rear Derailleur: XT Short Cage
Derailleur Cables: Shimano .....
Cassette: tbc
Chain: tbc
Cranks: Bullseye
Crank Bolts: tbc
Chainrings: Pace
Chainring bolts: tbc
Bottom Bracket: Bulleseye
Pedals: WTB Rubber SPD

Hub Skewers: X-Lite
Rims: Mavic 231CD
Hubs: PACE
Nipples: 2 thanks
Spokes: Silver
Tyres: Ritchey Alpha Bite World Cup 2.1
Tubes: Rubber

Saddle: Turbo Gel
Seatpost: tbc
Seatpost Binder: PACE with Titanium Bolt

Weight: Lighter than me

5 mins after taking this first photo I get a front puncture, but I was prepared and had it swapped in no time. 15mins later I get one on the rear. No other spare tube or repair kit so I had to call the local rescue service(wife) as I was 5 miles from home and didn't want to walk.

Yep, don't you just hate it when that happens.......nice bike btw :cool:

That's lovely Paul..... Bear with the teething problems, there will be more good than bad!..... Last time I had repeated puncture problems I was more than 5 miles from home and my only lifeline home was on her bike 2 meters behind me.....I keep off the canals eversince....The pace looks great!....

Haha...that could have been my wife mate...hope she wasn't too grumpy for long...

Awesome bike mate

I remember riding one of these around the courtyard at the back of Castle Cycles in Newark when they came out. Felt very special back then (but very rigid!) and I'm sure it does even now.
Lovely bike. :D

Back