Ti Raleigh Team 753

Pointer

Retro Guru
90% of this looks genuine to me, but I cannot work out what is going on with the seat cluster, all of the genuine 753 SBDU frames that I have seen have the large oversized elliptical seat stay cap. The 753 sticker is new for sure, but other parts look fine to me, I reckon it could be a seat-stay replacement and rear re-spray job? The drilled dropouts are correct, the head badge is the correct spec. I've asked the seller a few questions about it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TI-RALEIGH-TEAM-7 ... 762wt_1141

EDIT PLEASE READ BELOW - All of my questions have been answered by the owner who is also on here. It is a genuine and very nice bike!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That rear wheel looks a touch off-centre under the brake caliper ? , and the photo from a bit of an angle may mean the seller knows it too.

Had a good reply from the owner, seems genuine. It is a 1984 bike, just before the change to the Panasonic colours, hence the aero fork crown.
It has been resprayed a few years back but the owner says by an ex Ilkeston worker.
The slightly shot-in stays are original according to the owner.

It is a genuine SBDU 753 I have had the bike a few years and it is genuine and no part of the frame has been replaced. The rear wheel is not off center - it is just the angle of the photo.My Panasonic SBDU built for me by G'o' Donavan in 1985 as a time trial special also has these rear stays.

^
I might have guessed you would be on here, what with two SBDU bikes in your stable!. Thanks for your reply, I just wanted some reassurance that it was genuine - I will edit the title of this thread for you.
Cheers

Thanks for that.
It also has the 'later' plastic cable guide under the bottom bracket rather than the two slots that the cable runs through (eventually ruining the bottom bracket).With this info I am led to beleive that it is infact a 'resprayed' Panasonic frame in 753T - off course I am open to other suggestions :)
It would be nice if Ilkeston was still going and we had all the records - If I had known then what I know now - I would have done my utmost to get them as my local bike shop owner used to be a good friend with Gerald ! :(

I am hoping it doesn't sell ! But if it does it would be nice to have it collected - A guy in Germany has asked if he can have a bid and he is willing to pay all shipping costs - or if not he will come over on the ferry and collect ! Anyway there are as of 10.30 2/5/11 122 watching :shock: !

Back