Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WA

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • NT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ACT

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, after a bit of floundering around looking for decent trails...
photo19.jpg

And some lollygagging...
photo211.jpg

We finally got to eat cake! After all, that is why we turned up, right? :LOL:

andrewl":3iavpu82 said:
skinnyboy":3iavpu82 said:
sounds awesome, I'll be up for that. Been meaning to get to tassie for a while just needed the right excuse!

Well I've get a rough plan together an post here in the next few days for comment. :cool:

Rightio Gents, I’ve had a chat with a few interested locals and I think we can get a weekend together for a bit of an unofficial retro/old skool National MTB champs for sometime in October/November.

The proposed rough schedule at this stage is as follows:

Friday: Those non Tassie riders arrive in Hobart and maybe meet up for a pre event FND (Friday Night Dink) or two.
Saturday: Simple event rego to hand out number plates etc for the event before a social ride for 3 or so hours. Post ride BBQ and maybe some novelty events (longest grassy skid, track stand, bunny hop etc etc) and prizes (best stack on the social ride, most desirable bike etc).
Sunday: (Competition Day) XC race (about 1 hour), Uphill Race and Downhill, and maybe a pairs short track event if there is enough interest. Fashions on the trail (best dressed period race gear).

Rather than deciding the winner purely on race results, I’m think points for races, participation in the social stuff as well fashion to determine an overall winner is the go – although this can be discussed at a later date (assuming this thing goes ahead).

Bike wise I’m thinking anything built prior to 2000 is an acceptable cut off although I won’t stop anyone participating on a modern bike (they just won’t be eligible to win anything).

So let me know what you think and I’ll look at locking in some dates and doing some real advertising.

Good to meet you all on Sunday, should do another bash soon! Hobart sounds interesting, i'd be up for that.

I noticed that our old metal got plenty of admirers at the boathouse, sux to own a new yeti haha!

Hopefully Lysterfield and the Otways will be open soon so we can do some decent riding, although cake might be an issue, anyone got a CakeyBak?

T'boo Ted":bj3r3vsf said:
where you thinking of doing it?

Current thoughts are as follows:

Saturday: Start in Salamanca and ride up to the North South track and then follow that out to Tolosa. then barbie at Tolosa park and the cruise back to town.

Sunday maybe use Tolosa again (its not too bad on a rigid machine), or maybe Belbins for some simple competition stuff.

Alternatively we could just have a social gathering over a weekend and just ride old bikes, talk shit and watch old mountain biking videos.

I may even allow a test ride of a few of my old machines currently hiding in the bike cave. :cool:

Back