SKYE: 30th April - 1st May ?

Yes

I should be there some time this evening. I have some business to attend to in Portree first. So as I havn't booked can someone reserve me a tent space with you guys and I will sort it when I get there.
I will be in the vet ambulance as I am still technically doing work on Skye ;)
I am not sure whether to bring the singlespeed or one of the Stumpies, its been a long time, Pitlochry I think, since I last rode with gears off road. Its only singlespeed or the roadie that ever gets used these days. Stumpies only once or twice a year or so the last couple of years.

Jamie

Re: Yes

Jamiedyer":1dlgwrk8 said:
I should be there some time this evening. I have some business to attend to in Portree first. So as I havn't booked can someone reserve me a tent space with you guys and I will sort it when I get there.
I will be in the vet ambulance as I am still technically doing work on Skye ;)
I am not sure whether to bring the singlespeed or one of the Stumpies, its been a long time, Pitlochry I think, since I last rode with gears off road. Its only singlespeed or the roadie that ever gets used these days. Stumpies only once or twice a year or so the last couple of years.

Jamie

Just turn up Jamie - tent space will be fine - everyone's at home watchin' the wedding ;)

Well :D
I'm guessing the reason nobody has posted up yet is they are all totally knackered.
Not only did they do a 50km in heat ,but over a track that proved difficult for walkers never mind cyclists. :shock:
I did the sensible thing and bugged out after about a mile.Personally i know my limits and this was beyond mine,especially on a rigid bike[Though Adrien{Jamiedyer} completed it on his new rigid single speed :oops: ]

So ,as i was at a loss ,i decided to cycle to Portree and back [Total 18miles].
Big mistake :shock:
First hill was a cracker,ending in a blind left hand bend,then a series of up's and downs.
I'd advise anybody wishing to ride that road to not do it.I found it scary as hell,the traffic was passing you at 70+mph and seriously close,the bikers gave me a wide berth :cool: :cool: :cool: Guess they know what its like to be buzzed by high speed traffic,but the majority was just too close :?.

2/3 of the was i had one of my closest shaves with a van overtaking too close,which gave me a hell of a start ,then his trailer passed and i thought i was a gonner.Started thinking of bad thoughts about being killed and had to stop for a while to calm down a bit.
Return journey was not as scary,,well at least no incidents :) .And the first hill is also a cracker :LOL: and a long one at that.

Im looking forward myself to seeing the pics and reading the tales,but judging from the riders condition thats likely to be tomorrow

Crazy crazy buggers :shock:

Attachments

• Skye meet start point.JPG
    Skye meet start point.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 238
Panda Home :D

ZZ, TK and Rado last seen heading for Little Chef in Spean Bridge this evening :shock: Jamie off with a van load of seals which had kept us awake all night :shock: :shock:

More shocks will follow ;)

Wheel belongs to Radoslaw's Salsa :D

Attachments

• Skye meet 30april-1 may 2011 007 (Large).jpg
    Skye meet 30april-1 may 2011 007 (Large).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 226
Back