Hydration Packs??

Aye, the military gear ones can be had fairly cheap if ye keep a look out.......just make sure it has straps as opposed to the ones that have d-rings to clip onto web gear.

i picked up a 2ltr 'trek mates' bladder & bag from the local independant walking shop. less than £20, bag isn't huge but there is enough space in there for a spare tube, couple of allen keys. couple of choccy bars as well as a full bladder.

the bag isn't the comfiest but it is manageable. I tend to only use it these days if i'm out with the missus as 2 750ml bottles is usually more than enough for me on my own. the bladder also goes into my daybag which is handy for the commute because i'd be taking a bag anyway so why bother with bottles too.

the best use i found for mine was at a music festival last year. its a pleasantly warming feeling wandering around with 2 litres of nice, cold intravenous guinness on your back! :LOL:

Camelbak. I have a Lobo which I love but now I'm riding more again I'm finding I need more than the 1,5 litre capacity....

Splash out and buy a Camelbak. They last for years if looked after. I use a Rogue which has a 2 litre bladder. Enough room for phone, pump, multi tool, tubes and other assorted tools and bits.

** Keep the bladder in the fridge when it is not being used **

I've got a cheap Edinburgh Bicycle 1.5l one, it's good for autumn and spring but in the summer you run out and have to carry reserve bottles on your frame which kind of defeats the point of it.

Gelert hydration pack, is what have and higly recommend, about 1/2 price of camelback.

it has waist and chest straps so stays i place, think it is 1.5 l bladder (first one split on me but this one has lasted for years. oodles of pockets for your tomatoes, side mesh pockest for crunch bars, bungee cord on back for holding stuff like jackets and a flap kenl on by clps ust the rght size for a helmet.

looks a bit like this, mine would be a much earlier model

http://www.winfieldsmegastore.com/rucks ... black.html

Back