Kona sizing

I don't know when they started, but I'd guess 96 - there were none up to 94, but by the 97 range most models were made in 17 (and the 94 ad 95 frames were similar, and the 96 and 97 frames were similar, so I guess 96)

I prefer the 94-onwards geometry with the longer top tube, but I'd say the peak years (functionally, if not style-wise) were 94-97. After 98 they phased out the Kilauea and ceased to be cool IMO.

But then I'm not really retro. More cheapo really.

Kona produced 17" frames for the US market as far back as 1993 for sure. The geometry chart for '93 US bikes is below as well as a pic of my 17" '98 Hei Hei. I also have a 17" '94 Kialuea which I hope to have presentable enough to post by this weekend.

main.php

main.php

Mr. Zero":2ro0jh1h said:
Kona produced 17" frames for the US market as far back as 1993 for sure. The geometry chart for '93 US bikes is below as well as a pic of my 17" '98 Hei Hei. I also have a 17" '94 Kialuea which I hope to have presentable enough to post by this weekend.

Not for the poor old down-trodden British! Just looked again at our 93 catalogue and the crucial line's not there!

Thanks for the Hei Hei pic, my dream Kona. I like those crank arms - are they 185s?

No problem! :)

The cranks are 180mm Toplines, one of my preferred cranksets along with first generation TNTs.

Back