Hydration Packs??

misteroo

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
I am looking to buy a Hydration Backpack, are there any recommendations out there?

Is it worth stumping up for the cost of a Camelbak, or are there others that are just as good for a fraction of the cost?

2 litre or 3 litre?

Which ones do you use?

Yeah saw the Argos one....just looks naff though!!

I'm think that a 6 litre capacity on the Tesco one might be a little overkill!!

I suppose if your out on a ride you could re-hydrate everyone! :?

misteroo":20iqzwoq said:

I'm no expert but I don't think you have to fill the 6ltr one all the way !

First time I've seen argos one (might be worth buying to get a look,
you can always take it back if no good (tho 1.5 ltrs in a pack waste of time (use a bottle !).

MADJEZ":36qumzys said:
misteroo":36qumzys said:

I'm no expert but I don't think you have to fill the 6ltr one all the way !

First time I've seen argos one (might be worth buying to get a look,
you can always take it back if no good (tho 1.5 ltrs in a pack waste of time (use a bottle !).

I realise that..... but I just feel that if the bladder has a 6 litre capacity, how big is the actual backpack!!!

I like the fact that the Camelbak's are snug fitting, and do exactly what they say on the Tin!!

I have seen a 3 litre one, just contemplating the £45 price tag!!

The bladder holds 1.5 litres, but there's 6 litres of space to put all manner of stuff in that youll never use. I've had one for a few years, not as comfortable as my real Camelback but for the money it's damn good.

cheers

Jon

misteroo":280yvaqm said:
I realise that..... but I just feel that if the bladder has a 6 litre capacity, how big is the actual backpack!!!

Doh, didn't think of that !
Tho I usually take a mid sized rucksack mostly empty
... just in case I need to pick up something theraputic from the
off-license on the way home to soothe my legs :D :D

I had a Hydropack as it was cheaper then a Camelback and thought it was good until the bladder split for no reason on the way to a ride :evil: Replaced it with a Camelback Hawg and would never go back. 3lt of water and plenty of pockets for everything I need = very happy brock landers :D

military grade camelbak here with 3 litre capacity, supposed to be thermal but i used it on the '09 turkey twizzler with coffee in it, it was luke warm by the time i got to cannock. :LOL:

its perhaps not as roomy as other camelbaks can just about fit everything i need in it and a litre or two of water.

got it brand spanking new off ebay for i think £25, worth every penny.

Latest posts

Back