Post your long travel hard hitting hardtail PICTURES

does this count?

IMG00138-20100717-1158.jpg

I use it in the manner intended lol

jackal.jpg

jakc.jpg

Mark

Dingobmxer... Yeh that counts i suppose, it amazes me the amount of people who believe you have GOT to have 160mm of travel to do jumps and techie stuff, i used to have a 100mm fork on my Marin Wolfridge and i did alsorts on that, big drops/jumps black run at Laggon/Fort William, you can do almost anything on a bike with 100mm travel up front.
Nice Brown 456 there too, not normaly a fan of brown ones but that looks nice with the white rims and fork, goes really well. :LOL:
This is my Ragley Bluepig, with the white rims. Alot of people hate the white stuff but i think it looks sleak modern and goes with almost anything, saying that i got the black forks because i thought they would look better than the white ones, was never really happy with the finished result of this Ragley, it was done on the cheap really and weighed 31Lb, big lump to pull uphills thats for sure, especially when you are dragging 2.5 Kenda Nevagal stick-e up with you. :( Then changed to the Halo's but they are rubbish on most terrains, especially steps!!

Attachments

• P1020749 [1600x1200].JPG
    P1020749 [1600x1200].JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,588
  • P1020750 [1600x1200].JPG
    P1020750 [1600x1200].JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,588
EarlofBarnet":k7lb7bz4 said:
My 2009 Mantra from earlier last year:

07092010356.jpg

Great bike, got me back in to cycling after having financial problems. Upgraded over time but never failed to please. Took everything I threw at it and didn't disapoint.

Slightly OT but are these frames any good? I'm looking at getting one if the size is right for me (what size is this btw and how tall are you EoB?)

These used to be mine:

Identiti Mr Hyde (should've kept it :( )

Brodie Holeshot B-Team. Size was 18/18.5" but the top-tube felt way too short on it. Maybe it was coming from a different set up and I didn't give it enough time :roll: It went anyhow.

Attachments

• Brodie Holeshot B-Team with Manitou Shermans (4.1).jpg
    Brodie Holeshot B-Team with Manitou Shermans (4.1).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,577
  • Bike Ride - Barry Sidings 16-04-2010 (2..)RB.JPG
    Bike Ride - Barry Sidings 16-04-2010 (2..)RB.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 1,577
Graham,
I am running 85mm on the Jackal to keep the steering sharp but am with you on the suspension thing, a lot of people dont realise they have built in suspension in the shape of elbow and knee joints lol

dingobmxer":2vudjmxt said:
Graham,
I am running 85mm on the Jackal to keep the steering sharp but am with you on the suspension thing, a lot of people dont realise they have built in suspension in the shape of elbow and knee joints lol
Exactly mate, i love the feeling of belting down a rock garden full of nice drops and feeling the rear end moving about between your legs and your knees working loads, hard to explain but when it happens you know what i mean, i used to have a full sus but got fed up with the rear suspesion, you can just sit there and the bike does everything, there is no feeling of whats actualy happening, so moved onto hard hitting hardtails, taking the 456C to Morzine and Les Gets this summer, cant wait. :LOL:

nice one :cool:
I love my Stiffee 69er (its my 3rd Stiffee) and went back to a hardtail after a Heckler and Superlight briefly lived with me but I didnt like the 'dead' feel on the trails I rode

dingobmxer":2w91vxcf said:
a lot of people dont realise they have built in suspension in the shape of elbow and knee joints lol

One of the reasons I went to full-suspension frames. Knee and elbow pain after every ride and eating painkillers :(

Back