help with a 3ttt stem?

frimleygreener

Retro Newbie
newbie advice required...have aquired a peugeot premiere and am trying to fit myself to it...saddle height fine(i am six foot one) but finding the bars are too low for comfort(even riding "hands on top". i am pretty sure it is a quill type,so the mechanics of raising the stem seems fairly straightforward,but on reading advice (sheldon brown for one) it seems there is generally little rom for manouvre,and sometimes the bike leaves the factory set to max extension..is that the case? and if so,what do i do? have only been riding the bike for two days and it is a joy,so cannot wait to get it "made to measure":)..any help would be welcomed!

When you remove the stem there will be a minimum insertion mark, raise the stem to this point and thats the max height. In my experience shops generally set the stems very low as aesthetically it is more pleasing.

Tel":1el5rtt0 said:
When you remove the stem there will be a minimum insertion mark, raise the stem to this point and thats the max height. In my experience shops generally set the stems very low as aesthetically it is more pleasing.
thanks! i have raised it to the safest limit now..only got a "little" more height,have a 19 mile eride home to assees whether it makes any difference! i think possibly the "riding style" is having an impact...not ridden a "road" bike for donkeys years,been moutain bikes all the way 'till now..i guess i will adjust:)

Latest posts

Back