What wheel QRs?

Rob1

Old School Hero
I usually just get silver Salsas as they're tried and tested but was wondering about Hopes.

Anyone have any preference/good stories/bad stories?

Any alternatives I should consider?

Cheers,

R

my hope ones seem fine
2 sets
red and blue
no problems here

errrm the halo ones are quite tidy too, no porblems with them i dont think

on my mrs bike she has some red brand x? ones i think
they have a really good feature in which they click at certain points of being open
so you know when they are fully closed :cool:
bit cheaper though if your used to your salsa ones and wouldnt want to 'downgrade' as such
just a thought ;)

i guess these ones but the mrs ones have square levers :?
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=28378

hmm cant find the squarer ones :?
also consider superstar ones as theyre stuff reviews well i believe

I have the standard Hope QRs on both my bikes and very happy with them. Last lot I had were Ringle and bent both within two years.

You can't go wrong with Hope. Maybe also consider Middleburn if you can find them.
I like a bit of security so have two pairs of X-Lite cam locks with the removable levers.
The brand-X ones on CRC that use an allen key are also secure, light and cheap and maybe worth consideration...

hopes look nice

ive kcnc on my light wheels

xtr on my xtr wheels and ringle on my alpinestar all very different but i love them all

stubbsy

I bought Tune but I was dissapointed as the action and clamping isn't as good as XT :x they are quite light, but not worth the money. If you're not too fussed about weight, you can't beat good old Shimano.

SP

I've got the Crank Brothers double lever jobbies and for the money they are a sweet lever and the clamp like a rabid chavs staffy!

Splatter Paint":2q2atv7w said:
I bought Tune but I was dissapointed as the action and clamping isn't as good as XT :x they are quite light, but not worth the money. If you're not too fussed about weight, you can't beat good old Shimano.

SP

yeah i still rather like the matte black sets i have which come stock with deore hubs
(and hence are deore :LOL: )

Back